[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

23, GED, No Work History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Anxiety.jpg (100KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Anxiety.jpg
100KB, 800x600px
I'm 23 years old and have never had a job. I got my GED when I was 19 but have never had a job for various reasons that I don't feel like getting into. I'm JUST NOW about to get my drivers license believe it or not and then I'm planning on going job searching.

Whenever I think about job searching, I get terrified because I feel like employers will see the application from a 23 year old who's never worked and has a GED and just immediately discard it. I feel like I'll never get hired and it stresses me out to think about. I guess I'll know once I get my license and start looking, but until then I just feel so nervous like I'm screwed.

Are my worries valid or am I overreacting?
Would an employer give me a chance? Keep in mind, it's not like I'm applying for some white collar job. I'd mainly just aim to work in a warehouse or factory somewhere with manual labor that makes good pay for a job with no college degree. I wouldn't even mind working in a grocery store to start out. It's just getting that first job that worries me.
>>
>>18047856
If you don't tell them, they can't ask. Depending on how young you look, it shouldn't be a problem
>>
You want a job? Go get a job. Simple as dat. Doesn't work out? Try again. Don't over complicate things.
>>
>>18047856
If it comes down to it, which it shouldn't for most entry level jobs, lie.

Say that you were in school for a few years, but you're taking a break to save up money and finish your degree.

Say that you worked for a startup and it failed. Be vague, and make sure you know what your talking about so you can fool normies.

Have a friend act like they were a coworker, and use them as a reference.

You are overreacting if you're applying for a job at McDonalds or something of that nature. If it's semi professional, use tips above.
>>
>>18047856
Easiest jobs you can get are McDonald's and Walmart. Try Starbucks, at least you'll get health insurance. If you dread the interview, go to different jobs basically knowing you won't get it. I mean everywhere you would love to or like to work at or will at least find tolerable for some time. Even if 9/10 reject you, it will be ok to use as practice. Ask for feedback afterwards, like in an email or phone call if you're not accepted so they can tell you what to change or look out for that you probably don't realize you're doing. You accomplished getting a degree, you will accomplished getting hired too. You can always say you had to take care of a family member for x amount of years and now need to take care of yourself. After that interview is over, breathe and go for the next one until you're hired. Good luck.
>>
>>18047925
The easiest jobs to get are jobs that most people don't want to do or jobs from companies few people know about. Given OP's situation, it would be very hard for him to get a job at places like McDonald's, Walmart, and Starbucks.
>>
>>18048023

Great, now I'm even more nervous.
>>
>>18047925

I feel confident about the interview. It's getting the interview that I worry about.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.