[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life changing diseases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (7KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 270x187px
Today I was told that after some days being here in a hospital, my kidneys aren't getting better than they were when I first entered, so I got diagnosed with End Stage Renal Disease.
This will carry important changes to both my diet and all my life, mostly, even when I thought it was shitty enough.
Can you give me some adv on how to face all this shit?, it's just all too sudden and I'm honestly terrified about the future and in the verge of crying.
>>
>>18047780

wiht the exception of what oyu need to do for your health, you've been given a pass to do whatever the fuck you want. so while this does suck, maybe take those thigns you thought was 'shitty enough' and throw em out and enjoy what you can.

wish i coudl hug ya bro, its been a rough week.
>>
>>18047780
My mom was a nephrologist for 40 years. She had a lot of patients who were really quite sick from a kidney standpoint, but lived pretty much normal lives aside from needing to go in for dialysis twice a week. I know that sucks but maybe you can use that time to do something that makes your life better like study a language or read better books or something; it's kind of like doing your homework while you're waiting for your laundry to finish in the laundromat yknow? Forced change sucks but it can bring about good results too. Or maybe you're not even bad enough that you have to do dialysis, which is huge!

Also it's worth noting that end stage sounds really scary, like you're dying or something, but it's just a catch all term for a certain level of kidney disease.

A lot of people have been in your shoes and lived full lives. I mean shit even Osama Bin Laden was able to blow up the twin towers and wage war with the US with completely failed kidneys so like you can do anything.

Plus, medicine gets better and better every year, especially with common ailments like kidney disease. 2020 is right around the corner and there are a lot of new therapies for a lot of bad diseases that are scheduled to be available by then, and even now they're better at it then they were 10 years ago. And hey, at least it's not 50 years ago where your doctor would be asking you if you want a priest or a rabbi for your funeral right now.

But I feel you, it really sucks when your body betrays you. All I can say is that if you're still breathing it's never as bad as you think it is when you first get the news.
>>
>>18047816
I don't even have an illness and I felt encouraged reading this. Good post anon
>>
>>18047816
Thanks for taking the time of writing all that, it really helps.
Doing dialysis doesn't really bother me, I already did it twice.
What I'm really scared about is how I'm forced to change the way I've been living for 24 years, be it because I can't eat whatever I want anymore, having something sticking out of my chest or because I was sad enough with my life and sometimes I just feel it keeps trampling me.
I've always thought that keeping a positive attitude would bring joy no matter the occasion, but right now is WAY too hard to do that...
>>18047798
Thanks, that hug would be appreciated.
>>
You will get huge neet bux ;)
>>
At least you don't have cancer.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.