[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live nearly 30 miles out of town, from all available areas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1477090079422.jpg (266KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477090079422.jpg
266KB, 1600x1200px
I live nearly 30 miles out of town, from all available areas of workplace. My family is poor, and we have one car that's used by my father, who works an hour from home from 9am to 9pm every day.

I have $700 in the bank, having dropped most of my funds into helping spot weeks they weren't able to buy groceries due to crippling debt they have. I have 0 credit, and am currently unemployed. There are no buses that come out here, I have no friends, and no other mode of transportation. To get a job I need a car.

What the hell can I realistically do?
>>
>>18047099
Maybe you can start working with your dad that way you can carpool with him or look for a job that's near your dad's workplace with hours similar to your dads.
>>
>>18047106
Dad sells insurance, and his workplace requires 5 years minimum experience. Everywhere else nearby requires 3 to 4 years of experience I don't have, or straight up degrees.
>>
>>18047113
Where is the nearest bus stop? And is there really no jobs like chashier or anything that you don't need experience for?
>>
>>18047122
Nearest bus stop is on the other side of the town, meant for short commutes. His work is a bit of ways out of the town itself.

Supposedly not, as all I find are people wanting minimum experience I don't qualify for.
>>
>>18047113

you are exaggerating. ask your dad to drop you off in town every morning with a stack of resumes. then just play your cell phone games or what have you until he leaves to pick you up.

you will find a job.
>>
>>18047126
Any skill you have that you can sell? Maybe you can make something and sell it online.
>>
Start applying for scholarships and student loans my friend, it's about the only way out of your hole.

Get a credit card, ONLY buy shit with it that you know you have the money to pay back, basically pretend it's a debit card. If you have 700$ in the bank, never spend more than 700$. Pay it off immediately.
That will start you with building credit. Eventually you should be able to get a car loan.
Look into some of these online jobs. They pay shit and aren't real good but better than nothing. Hit up craigslist. Telemarketing jobs are usually what you'll see.
Also if you don't live in the middle of the fucking woods all alone by yourself, go find your neighbors and tell them you're up for cleaning their house, watching their kids/pets, yard work, etc.
>>
>>18047134
Seconding
>you are exaggerating
No fucking such thing as a town with NO min wage jobs. Where the fuck do you buy your groceries? Go fucking apply there. There's gotta be at least one goddamn fast food joint in town. Hell, there has to at least be a GAS STATION.
>>
>>18047156

if its big enough to have a branch for insurance, theres work
>>
>>18047099
Honestly just be homeless in the city find a job and use your money to shower. After you find a job you should be able to live off 700 till your income starts (shared room) I've always wanted to do this cause I'm in the same exact situation
>>
You really have two options. If you're 21, call a bunch of truck driving companies, explain your situation and see if anyone is willing to sponsor you to get your CDL. I'm sure at least one company would be willing to. Truck drivers are getting hired like crazy right now.

If you're not 21, you're probably going to have to join the military. I would recommend joining the air force, so you don't get your nuts blown off. Try to learn a trade while you're in, like diesel mechanic, or something like that.

Just be prepared that whichever path you go down will be riddled with hardship, and don't get too discouraged. Good luck man.
>>
>>18047156
This. Also go to a temp agency, be willing to do any job they have. If you really want a job OP then you must be willing to work. Ride with your Dad and then walk, bike, hitchhike, bus or Uber yourself to town and look for any work available. You need money to buy a car, and you need a job to make money. Time to get to work OP.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.