[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1487022398252.jpg (26KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487022398252.jpg
26KB, 432x432px
I want to get my own place. Probably an apartment. Is there anything I should be aware of before moving out? What is a good price? I live in Toronto Ontario Canada. I'm not moving out yet but I want to do some planning and research in advance. And of course ask for advice.
>>
Rent in Toronto is pretty ridiculous, so unless you've already saved up a decent amount and work a job with solid wage, you'll want to find roommates.

Honestly, look for people that are also responsible enough to hold down a job. You don't want to be the only one working, because then you'll just be coming back to a mess and feeling flustered.
>>
Rent is ridiculous in Toronto. Unless you have a high paying job it's unlikely you'll live on your own.

Anywhere close to downtown the rent gets higher.
>>
The rent is ridiculous in Toronto.
>>
>>18046864
Rent ridiculous Toronto
>>
Toronto the rent ridiculous is in
>>
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm going to spend sometime looking for potential roommates who can hold down a job and are responsible enough. Not moving out now but it's better to research about it first, so it isn't as hard when I finally do.
>>
>>18046864
>Is there anything I should be aware of before moving out?
Not OP, but interested in this. Will move into a flat with my gf this summer
>>
OP, try to get some stuff too. A savings account is good, but having stuff available + a savings account is even better. You'll waste a lot of money getting started. You should definitely get some pots and pans, a good knife, silverware, and stuff like that. It adds up!

Also, a mini fridge is an excellent way to avoid fights with roommates who eat your food.
>>
22 year old, until recently, lived in vancouver for 6 years. (On my own)

People in Van say the same shit about rent, and they're categorically wrong. If you're fine with gettig a rommate then go ahead, I personally don't like living with anyone. Yes it's true that if you try to find a place in downtown rent will be high, but it's fucking downtown, so if y just expand your area, you can find a place on 58th for 850/month. 1 bdrm, nice area.

Everyone loves to moan about how high housing prices are, but they don't have experience in actually finding a 1bdrm.

Things I looked for: proximity to my work (restaurant), but most importantly routes to and from work. Getting to and from work/school is incredibly important imo. You can find a nice place in some areas (looking at you coquitlam) and then have an awful commute because you're so far away, or because the roads you take are heavily congested. So it's important to know what your schedule is like, and work around that. Ask yourself: when does traffic get bad in the morning, when does it get bad in the afternoon(unavoidable if you work/school daytime hours.

This is all assuming you drive. Not sure what public transportation is like in toronto.
>>
I'm in Toronto, I'll live with you OP.
>>
>>18047677
I'm looking to save on money. Can we share a bed and shower together?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.