[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My wife's sister died 3 years ago. Her birthday was Valentines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 2406355148_041b2b0c7d_o.jpg (63KB, 550x394px) Image search: [Google]
2406355148_041b2b0c7d_o.jpg
63KB, 550x394px
My wife's sister died 3 years ago. Her birthday was Valentines Day. So now Valentines Day is a very sad day for her.

Gifts won't make her feel better. I took off work. What can we do for Valentines to take her mind off of it? I live in a really rural area and its cold here right now.
>>
>>18046796
Watch romantic Comedies or go to a nearby city for some fun shopping.
>>
>>18046796
shes your wife, numb nuts. you should have no problem coming up with something of moderate-heavy personal significance to her. put some thought into it for fucks sake
>>18046809
this is a terrible idea, do not do this
>>
>>18046818
>moderate or heavy oersonal significance to her
Yeah but it will just be something about her sister and it will make her cry.

Her entire life has been about the fact her sister died for the past 3 years. Im really ready for this section of her life to be over with.

If you're wondering why she cares so much, they went through really heavy abuse as children together and now she has survivors guilt out the ass.
>>
Damn dude, you need to give her the gift of therapy. Is there anything her sister liked, a food or something you could make? Look up a Groupon for an activity.
>>
Just don't celebrate it; instead, just buy her gifts and chocolate and shit every-so-often. Most guys don't get their wives gifts unless it is a holiday or anniversary. If you do this, your wife will love you lots and you both won't even need to remember valentines day.
>>
>>18046809
Stop watching tv and anime for romance advice baka
>>
>>18046826
What does she like? Does she like video games? Come home with a new video game that you bought and suggest that you play it together.

Does she like animals? Come home with a puppy.

Does she like board games? You get the picture, right?

Maybe have a lot of single friends over?
>>
>>18047460
Good idea, except the puppy part. Pets are not something to buy on a whim or to give as an unexpected gift.
>>
>>18047460
>Maybe have a lot of single friends over?
What did he mean by this

>>18047348
The gift of therapy is something I woild love to give but we cant afford it on my salary.
>>
>>18047467
Fair enough on the puppy part. If they've discussed getting a dog or cat, he could take her to an animal shelter to visit the animals and consider picking one out.

I do think having a pet is a therapeutic thing though.
>>
>>18047482
I mean instead of treating Valentine's Day like a secluded romantic holiday, maybe have a small party instead? It's probably too late for that at this point, but it's something I'd consider assuming I had single friends who probably also want something to do.
>>
>>18046796
Don't celebrate valentines day. Give her a day to grieve and cry instead. Let her be sad as fuck. Buy her a shit ton of icecream and let her cuddle up on the sofa and mope.

That sounds harsh I know but I lost my best friend on halloween. I now use that day as my one day to be sad, truly sad and miserable and then when I wake up on November first I feel better.
>>
>>18047505
Well that would be possible...but her sister was kind of her only and best friend. She was perma-virgin neckbeard version of a woman before me. Shes a shut in vidya otaku. All of her friends have full families now and kids and junk. I could invite my friends, but I doubt she would like that.
>>
>>18047606
Ok, well I would still try to stick to more activity oriented stuff, but if she just needs to grieve, just let her grieve.

Maybe start working on getting her a social circle after tomorrow.
>>
>>18047648
Ive been trying to get her a social circle for years. She's ass at socializing and we live in Mississippi.
>>
>>18047656
My condolences to your wife and you.
She could try talking to someone online for free if it it helps?
It's called 7 cups of tea.
I hope your wife can move on and try to live her life with you.
>>
>>18047833
That might help a lot actually. I'm looking into it right now.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.