[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: confusion.jpg (185KB, 1039x750px) Image search: [Google]
confusion.jpg
185KB, 1039x750px
i'm two years behind in medical school. Had to change school cause i had a quarrel with a professor. I feel miserable here, but i am told everyday by my parents that i won't make ends meet if i drop out and become a professional translator (i would be doing german, russian and italian). What do you guys think? I look into myself and i see only confusion and disarray.
>>
>>18046715
You need to survive and take care of you and yours first and foremost. Sucks you're miserable but this is the path you chose. Your family is going to be fucked without your support it seems, so don't fuck them just because the school environment inconveniences you.
>>
You feel miserable?

Focus on your end goals

Sacrificing it for temporary relief is not a mark of a disciplined man
>>
>>18046715

I'm 30 years old, and I've been in my profession for about 6-7 years out of college.

I'm gonna be frank, I've suffered through a lot of job disappointment because I didn't follow my dreams, and took classes that "made more sense."

I think being a professional translator is a perfectly reasonable profession, and that forcing your way through med school is a very poor idea. "Making ends meet" is a lot different than being as loaded as a doctor.

You have to do this, not them. Do what feels right.
>>
File: 1466329332997.png (56KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
1466329332997.png
56KB, 442x341px
>>18046715
Do you really enjoy medicine? Are you going into this field because you love the type of work it involves? Or are you doing it for the money? Really think about that question. If you have any doubts about it, it's probably not worth it. Take some time off.

Translating sounds like a really interesting path. You can literally do it all over the world (well in a lot of places at least). Just imagine where it could take you, who you'll meet.

It sounds like school is really stressing you out. Maybe just take a step back for a while. Who says you can't live modestly? Not everyone has to have a PhD to live comfortably.

There's literally so much more I think you could accomplish with being a translator, just my opinion. You could be a tour guide, work in schools, work in travel.

Go do whatever you want though. Maybe becoming a medical professional is your thing idk. Either way it sounds like you're being stressed out by it. Just don't do anything just for the money, you actually need interest to thrive in a career.
>>
Tomorrow i have my last anatomy exam and i feel like i'm trapped in a nightmare..i just wanted to be one of the smart kids..my life felt empty, so i joined pre-med, i got into an undergraduate program and i got in. Now i feel like nothing i've ever did makes sense.
I've lost the girl i loved cause i was so stressed out i snapped at her. And now my hair is falling off after every subsequent exam...maybe i should flip off my family and leave.
>>
>>18046788
it's me the OP
>>
>>18046784
thanks roy. yeah i'm only here because of the cash and status.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.