[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career Goals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1452037255701.jpg (25KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1452037255701.jpg
25KB, 640x475px
I've recently started a new job that has assigned me a "mentor." She really wants to know what direction I want my career to take, and how the company can help me get there. The thing is, I've pretty much already accomplished what I set out to do in this industry, and my truthful answer would be "I want to make enough money for as little stress as possible, until I can eventually ditch this and pursue something creative or own an investment that I can be as hands-off as possible with."

How do I say this? I'm in a company where most aspirations are to become Vice Presidents, CEOs, that kind of thing... I want something to challenge me a little, but growth isn't something I care too much about anymore.

What do I say to her?
>>
>>18046129

just lie anon.
>>
>>18046133

Lie and say what, though?

This isn't like a job interview where I'm just trying to get my foot in the door, this is them figuring out what kind of job I'm going to have.
>>
>>18046163

i dont fucking know, its your life. sit down and think about what kind of job would be most conducive to saving shit loads of money and write about that.
>>
>>18046168

Alright, let me put it this way.

Really, I want to get this chick off my back. I don't want her to assign me a bunch of ridiculously hard fucking tasks I have to struggle through and learn just because she thinks I want to be a Vice President some day.

I want to be productive in the job I have right now, and get done what they want to have done. I don't want to be promoted or anything like that, just left to do my job.
>>
>>18046181

than swing your answer to fit that idea.

we dont know your job. its specific to you. we can't write up an answer when we dont know what you do or how the company works, and even if we did only you'd be able to figure out how to word it.

the best advice we can give you is to figure out the best way to say 'this job'.

but a promotion would make it easier to save all that cash money.
>>
>>18046187

I get that you don't know my job and can't give me a paint by numbers answer for her, but I'm sure there's been plenty of people here that have been able to fly under the radar over the years that know how to word this in a way that doesn't sound lazy.

I'm not motivated by savings - I make a pretty solid salary, I'm more motivated by avoiding stress.
>>
>>18046201

again, even if they did they can't word it for your job, we dont know what you do. only you. you pick the path that you know shows this job and word it that way.
>>
>>18046129
Just say, right now my main focus is to fry the best fries that I can fry in a timely manner. To make sure that when a customer tries my fries they receive a taste that makes them think, that guy who made these fries was very wise in the art of frying fries.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.