[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career Options for Extreme Introvert

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

I'm 22 years old, on the brink of dropping out of college after 3 years and almost no progress. I hate leaving my room, social interactions feel laborious and draining. I just want to stay home all day, but my mother is starting to question my life choices, she wants me to make money and travel, but I don't particularly care for those things. However, it seems I have no choice but to make some money, and find a way to support myself and move out of my moms basement. I currently do Uber(using my mothers car) and it's not nearly enough. What are some REAL ways to make money with minimal human interaction or leaving my bedroom?

And don't tell me about surveys or other bullshit like that, because I tried them and it's not enough, I need a real job that pays moderately well, with minimal requirements that I can do from home.
>>
>>18046081
you ask for a magic pill, bro
if such works existed, everybody would work that way.
There are occupations which can be done from home, but they still require human interaction. Like programming-related stuff.
There is a guide for NEETs. Perhaps, you will find something useful for yourself.
http://pastebin.com/4YeJAUbT/
Also, I'd consider to move to some really cheap hole (but safe, though).
>>
>>18046081
Programming, but to live off of it you'd have to be rather good at it. Meaning, you can't just keep lazing but have to take college seriously
>>
I have same issue, OP. Its frustrating having potential but having to settle for mundane jobs because you can't handle interaction with colleagues or customers.

Ideally, a home based online business. I tried it but failed miserably. Programming would be an obvious one but even that you need to be able to be able to communicate with team members effectively and possibly clients also.
>>
>>18046081
Im a truck driver bro. Got my DZ license and drive an organic truck picking up organic garbage downtown Toronto. I never speak to anyone and just do my job and go home. I make pretty good money too doing it. About 900-1000 a week. If you like driving and apparently you do because of Uber, look into getting your truck and air brake license.
>>
>>18046081
Sales
>>
>>18047265
OP here, my cousin is actually a truck driver, and it is somewhat appealing, at the moment, i'm likely going to get into trucking. But, I was hoping there would be something a little more stationary.

>>18046719
Programming is what I'm studying and it's just not working out. I'm not great at focusing and I have no motivation to even continue going to school at this point.

>>18047277
A good salesperson is very social and confident, I am neither.
>>
>>18047301
different poster but i do delivery driving so nothing long distance. i finish my route and go home every day and sleep in my own bed

i work alone and rarely talk to anyone throughout the day. there are brief customer interactions sometimes but they are almost always made up of automatic pleasantries. i fucking love it
>>
When I used to be introverted and shy I always wanted to become a night time security guard. There's stories on the internet of people who just sit around all night on a computer or phone doing the occasional sweep of a building or area and then going back to doing whatever you want. I'm in australia so there was a smaller chance of getting robbed or killed as one too.
>>
>>18047346
Im this guy >>18047265

I work nights which kind of sucks but i go home in the morning sleep until 2 roughly and then just play on my computer etc. until 6pm when i leave for work. Working all night is actually great if you are a true introvert like me. I hardly see anyone and can listen to some interesting talk radio. I actually have a shit ton of free time doing this job so i can still shitpost (which im doing right now) .

If you are like me OP you'll love this job. Just look for something that isnt longhaul. And if you dont want the really long trucks then just get your license for driving straight truck like I did. Hope this helped.
>>
File: skynet-google-robos.jpg (54KB, 366x426px) Image search: [Google]
skynet-google-robos.jpg
54KB, 366x426px
>>18047265
God damnit I want to become a trucker but I'm scared shitless of automation. In 20 years or so I will be too young to retire but too old to realistically start something totally new, and truck driver skills aren't transferable to other industries.

I already fucked up throughout my 20's, and at 30 I don't feel like a have a lot of room for mistakes when choosing a career, so I'm worried about getting into something that could be obsolete in 10-20 years.
>>
>>18047301
I am not social, but am a very good salesperson. It'll also force you to grow as a person.
>>
>>18046081
Accounting, almost anything to do with finance, in fact, almost any applied math.
>>
>>18047396
Yes you are 100% right. My job probably will be gone in 10-20 years but thats why i plan on buying stocks in self driving vehicles. I make good enough money where i can buy stocks so hopefully ill make lots of money when it takes off and retire early.
>>
>>18047420
I was hoping you might say something encouraging about the future of the trucking industry
>>
Garbage truck driver. They make good money.
>>
>>18047471
Nope. Sorry but self driving vehicles are coming and you better be prepared.
>>
>>18047495
What do you about construction equipment? Excavators and the like?
>>
>>18047553
What do you think*

As in do you think it is also going to be automated
>>
>>18046081
anyone got any info on these "surveys"?

interested in trying them out
>>
>>18047568
Probably longer for that (30-40 years) but it will still happen. We are going to be entering a new way of life in a not too distant future. Prepare yourself accordingly so as not to fall far behind.
>>
>>18047495
Self driving vehicles still have very large flaws. They found out that you can make them drive anywhere with a laser pointer. And do you think that everyone will be able to buy a super expensive self driving truck? And think of the risks of them, machines always have bugs and glitches, and I am sure that companies won't wana risk a truck load of cargo on a computer.
>>
Security Guard. $8-15 hour, more depending on location, seriousness of the job. The majority of the time you're sitting around staring at monitors, or waiting for people to show up in some guard house. Downsides, requires license and passing a test, also a license for firearms in some cases.

Maintenance man. You go around fixing things and hardly anyone bothers you. Downside, sometimes you gotta talk to people to let them explain the issue to you.

Delivery. It's more driving around than talking.

Cutting lawns, power washing, land surveyor..

ehh... tons of stuff, just imagine.
>>
You don't. Sociability or death.

>people suggesting long haul, sec. guard, delivery, LAWN MOWING lmao

These are /adv/'s most optimistic suggestions for your job outlook. Consider that, then consider manning up and building your social skills, fucking loser. Nothing's easy in life and nobody's telling you to be a butterfly, just learn how to talk with people. Go outside and fuck up, pick yourself up after fucking up, learn, and apply what you've learned to your life.
>>
>>18047681
Well i didnt say this shit was coming tomorrow. I said 10-20 years. Thats plenty of time to work out the kinks.
>>
>>18046719
This. OP should bite the bullet and stay in college. Endure the suffering the early on so that you'll suffer less in the long run.

There are ways to make money with minimal social interaction but does OP seriously think that'll last? I've done it before (making money online). The stress and frustration isn't worth the small and inconsistent income. It's easier and much more profitable to get a real job than chase after this pipe dream.

I know a guy who still pursues this same goal as OP. It's unfortunate that he's focusing on doing this exclusively and not consider pursuing other ways of making money. But it's not a surprise to me. He was a lazy person throughout his whole life, always expecting other people to pick up the slack and to take care of his needs to the point where he takes food, water, and shelter for granted.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.