[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go to college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1484444856683.jpg (826KB, 2044x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1484444856683.jpg
826KB, 2044x1202px
Hello my dudes, I dropped out of highschool at 17 and never got my GED. Basically been a NEET since then, (21 now, 22 in july) but I drive for uber a few times a month and make enough to pay for some things, so I'm not completely useless, though pretty close. Recently I have been told by my family that maybe I should consider going to college and at least doing something with my life. My friends and family all seem to think I'm smart and could do pretty well for myself. Not sure how smart I am, honestly I feel pretty average, maybe slightly above but I'm not a genius or anything, just interested in a lot of things. Anyway, I've been studying to finally get my GED and was planning on just getting my real estate license since the market will be really good for another 8-10 years and I could just save up while living with my parents for another few, considering my mom wants me to live with the family for another couple years. Last night I had a dream I was at my first day of college and was really enjoying it. I'm not sure if that's a sign for me to do or not, but I definitely think life has a way of pointing you in the right direction. Anyway, do you guys think it would be worth it, even if I have no idea what I would try to get a degree for, and definitely go into debt? Sorry if too long post, idk what to say.
>>
Anybody? :^(
>>
>>18045897
These boards are slow op. Sounds like u got a good support group around you. Debt will screw you if not handled properly. Id say go for the school route just try it. Itd be a great experience and even if you dont finish. Youll walk away much more cultured and intelligent
>>
>>18045860
College is designed to do either or both of two things.
1. Prepare you for a "white collar" job in some field or profession
2. Offer the opportunity for learning for its own sake to those who just like to learn things.

If you're not looking for one of those, college may not be for you. Note: I did NOT say you're not good enough for it, but that what it has to offer is only of value to those two groups of people.
>>
Don't get too far ahead of yourself. Get that GED and take little steps at a time. You need to make sure those little steps are perfect. I've seen many times people who try to leap too far and end up falling because of the little things. I'm currently a college student and have realized that High School performance does not associate with college performance. High School is a measure of intelligence while college is a measure of discipline and wisdom. Assuming you're a good Uber: arriving on time, early, never late, can memorize things quickly (like streets or cities) you will do fine if you are willing to put in similar work to college.
>>
File: 1481128432639.jpg (13KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
1481128432639.jpg
13KB, 526x526px
>>18046070
>Itd be a great experience and even if you dont finish. Youll walk away much more cultured and intelligent

This is the most stupid fucking advice I've ever seen. College is a scam. If you want culture and intelligence go to your local library, it's free. You should only go to college is you know 100% what career you want and that you absolutely need a college degree to get there.
>>
>>18045860
The market will not be good for long at all.

Get your GED first, but figure out if a job with a college degree is something you want.
>>
Well don't let people tell you to go to college, especially not your parents! This is the best way to waste your life.

I hear nothing in your post that you have a specific subject in mind = Red flag.
I also don't hear any goal for which you would need to go to college = 2nd Red flag.

Which means, go do something practical until you find something you are interested in (especially craftsmanship is well paid and low financial investment) And only if you can turn away those two red flags, you can always go get a degree.
>>
>>18046462
This. Go get a certification before going to college if you want a trade.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.