[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feelings of unreality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 2.jpg (75KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
75KB, 1080x810px
So, I've been doing a little bit of meditation lately. And what I've found is that when I clear my head, when I let the usual thoughts and emotions pass me by, there's this one odd feeling left over. I'm not conscious of it while I'm doing things but it's a feeling of disconnection, unreality... It's not actively bothersome, it's just strange and it makes me feel doubtful about myself. I feel like I'm watching my own life through a window or something.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?
>>
you're seeing the matrix m8
>>
>>18045439
How do I stop?
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 600x543px
>>18045472
once you take the red pill you can't go back
>>
Its called dissociating. Its usually a symptom felt by victims of abuse who are repressing a memory.
>>
>>18045486
It does feel like what dissociation is described as, although as I said it's not at all overwhelming, it's more of a background feeling.

I don't think I was abused though, I come from a pretty stable and non-fucked-up family.
>>
Does it feel good or just odd? If it is only odd or bad then there is probably some feeling that you carry arround that you have not been able to work on?

When I meditate it is normal for me to cry or feel sad because of shitty life experiences that have made me into who I am today, sometimes I am not aware of what exactly feels bad, only that I am sad.

Maybe you can ask yourself in meditation: What does this remind me of? where in my body do I feel this feeling?
Writing these things down in a book is also very good, it is easier to find what relates to what when you wright it down.
>>
>>18045515
Thanks for the response... It's not really good or bad, it's definitely odd. When I let my mind clear and become more aware of my body, feelings, and thoughts, it's like there's something in between me and those sensations. Some kind of filtering or something, I don't know. It's difficult to describe.

I was quite strongly depressed for a few years but nothing acutely bad has ever happened to me.
>>
>>18045526
Ok, I know some people that has been feeling a bit like that, yet they don't have any serious traumas that they can think of, but it seems to be a normal thing that people that have not had crazy traumas instead live with their problems, which kind of makes it a big problem, because they have "no reason" to be unhappy. This might not be your case, but maybe small traumatic experiences has build up into a bigger problem? I know people that has this problem, yet I have been sexually molested for 10 years and I seem to be doing pretty fine, because at least I am very sure of what caused my problems, so I don't have to blame myself (anymore).
>>
>>18045549
Perhaps it's something like that. To be honest I don't feel a strong need to understand why this is happening, I just want to know how to break through it and be able to feel like I'm directly experiencing things.
>>
>>18045562
Ok well I have no good answer for that to be honest, I usually try to get comfortable and let it happen for a moment, maybe ask myself questions and answer them without thinking (can get very good answers by doing that), then just do something that I enjoy doing so that the feeling is not overwhelming, but can't really remember exaclty how it gets better. I hope that you find a good way to get through that part in your meditations!
>>
>>18045576
Yeh, I'll try to meditate with it some more when I have time and see what happens. Thanks for the responses
>>
Mindfulness.

It's called the transcendental period. Here you should be able to take a step back before you think and act. You should choose to do good habits.

Most people don't consider their day to day actions and thoughts, you can.
>>
>>18045633
>transcendental period
Could you please explain this in a little more detail?
>>
>>18045666
Seeing thoughts as they arise, its effects on the body and mind, and as it passes.

When youre able to see the stream of each thought, as they arise, trigger, and pass, that moment between arising and passing where you might be compelled to act to think based on that thought, is called the transcendental period.

In this period you may choose to do nothing if its neutral, choose to cultivate the thougjt if it's good or discard it when it's negative. If its impelling you to act, much is the same, but it's usually better to do the good and healthy action.

Now what is the correct action requires wisdom. according to Buddhism there's two types of actions by the wise: 1) ceasing actions that is known to be harmful but brings pleasure and 2) continuing actions that is known to be wholesome but brings displeasure .
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.