[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to be as considerate, decent, helpful, and kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: iroh.png (107KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
iroh.png
107KB, 333x250px
Is it possible to be as considerate, decent, helpful, and kind as this guy?

I personally feel like it's atavistic for humans to be selfish and unkind to each other. I've even noticed I've become much more rash to other people, especially to strangers. Due to this belief, I feel like it's not possible for someone to always be as kind as Iroh.

I just watched Iroh's story from the Tales of Ba Sing Se and it kinda fucked me up. Can someone always be as kind as this man or is that just an unrealistic expectation?
>>
Although unpractical, it is possible, but only on few specific circunstances.

>I've even noticed I've become much more rash to other people, especially to strangers

I have experienced that myself as well. If you think about it, it is just the natural way of things, given you are exposed to apathetic, selfish and ill natured people daily.
I would not concern myself over it as long as it does not turn you into a selfish bastard.
>>
>>18045015
Helping is fine OP, but be aware that a lot of people out there may not do the same for you or even be grateful for what you do. Help if you want but don't always expect something in return.
>>
>>18045092
This. Don't even expect your best friend to help you return and be extremely wary of people who constantly ask you for help because those are the type of people who won't help you back.
>>
>>18045015
I'm watching Jordan Peterson's latest "Maps of Meaning" and "Personality" courses on youtube, so I'll relay some points.
It wouldn't fuck you up if the character was completely off the wall. Archetypal wise king character is born from real people, real acts of compassion and wisdom that made an impression and have woven themselves into the fabric of culture.
You are already implicitly looking for the principles and insights the character possesses, it's the point of our attraction to fiction. Manifesting those traits demands effort and sacrifice, but those are indivisible from meaningful pursuit, to assign meaning is to label other things meaningless. Also, you shouldn't mistake kindness for harmlessness, which is quite clear with Iroh.
>>
>>18045015
Read "The Generous Gene". It explains why it was evolutionarily valuable for humans to develop an inclination to be good to each other.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.