[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, I don't want to read stupid forums and diagnose myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1674.jpg (38KB, 525x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1674.jpg
38KB, 525x633px
Hello, I don't want to read stupid forums and diagnose myself or see similarities and cry myself into oblivion, so I'll just post here. Basically there will be times when things seem too real, like I'll be at home and textures will be really detailed to me, it's like I can see every fiber of my blanket, the walls are too detailed and I can see all the paint streaks I never could before. I guess it would be like suddenly turning up the graphics on a video game? Bad comparison, but it's the best I got. I'll look around and see stuff and I recognize it like I know that poster is familiar, but what is it? If I'm with people I know who they are but it's a moment of wow these are real people? This is weird? Just get a WEIRD feeling? Everything is too real and unreal at the same time like I'm in a dream. Does this happen to anyone else? It isn't scary just a bit strange as it happens randomly and goes away shortly after.
>>
>>18044545
Also rereading this I sound really stupid but it's hard to put into words! Sorry if it's all jumbled and awkward to read
>>
>>18044545
Yeah I know what you mean
Like you try to stop it but you can't
But then it passes on its own

You can make it happen all the time when you reach the right amount of drunkenness
>>
Woah shit. I get that too, like almost word-for-word what you described. It's really rare, like a couple times a year. I have no idea what it is, I've never been able to describe it to anyone in a way that made sense to them, but it's not hurting me any and I've always figured that if it was a symptom of brain cancer or whatever I'd have died a long time ago from it (I'm in my 20s and I've been getting that since I was a pretty young kid).

The only difference for me - unless you just left this out - is that for me it also messes with my sense of time, like things that happen very slowly seem like they take place incredibly fast, and everything also feels simultaneously incredibly heavy and also somehow fragile. But everything you wrote about things becoming more detailed I could almost have written myself, word-for-word.

So ... yeah, I can't really help you. I wish *I* knew what it was too.
>>
Sounds like dissociation or something related.
>>
>>18044561
I've never really noticed time, I'm too occupied on pretty much everything else. Sometimes when I focus on something it seems like everything else becomes a blur, but only if I'm really focused on that one thing, otherwise that's everything! Makes me feel a little better I'm not alone and just totally psycho!

>>18044554
I don't think it's ever happened when I was drunk, I'm always sober whenever it does decide to happen. Once I start to realize what's going on it fades away pretty quick but that takes a while.
>>
The increased texture thing happens to me when I'm anxious about something, but it only effects my touch sense.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.