[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ignored after the first date

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

So I am a shy/introverted guy and even though i'm 23 years old (she was 19) this was basically the first date i had been on.
I'll start from the beginning.

I found her email online and messaged her (I found the email in a 'looking for people' context. I didnt just send an unsolicited email)
I described a few things about me, asked if she was interested.
We exchanged pictures.
I asked if she wanted to meet sometime, she said okay.
After this point, she started to email me back once every 2 days. Apparently she was in a very busy week in school. I believe that; however, i'm realize that she could have taken 5 minutes out of her life to message me back...
Anyway, a week after I initially messaged her, we meet at a coffee shop.
I think we were both shy or introverted or whatever, so the conversation is clunky and there are silent gaps in between.

The morning after that, I text her telling I found her to be interesting and cute (which is true) and mentioned that I would become more talkative as we spend a few more hours together.
This was about 5 days ago. She did not reply.
I know what anyone in their right mind would tell me to let it go and that she isn't interested in me; but please bear with me.
I'm just not someone who *meets* people and i'll probably not meet anyone else for perhaps years to come (I want to clarify that I am not a mega weirdo or anything. I have a healthy rapport with my coworkers and i'm not a sperg apart from considerable shyness the first time I meet someone. this was quite a brave move for me if i do say so myself)

cont.
>>
If nothing else, i would have liked if she explained herself. I was simply not attractive to her, my conversation bored her (because if this is the case, i would insist on a second chance. we did have interests in the same category of things), met someone who was more interesting than me, ANY REASON / perhaps constructive criticism. As they say, the unknown is the scariest.

I can see that my chances are astronomically small, but if anyone has an advice which could be a long shot, i'm willing to listen.
Apart from that, i'd appreciate if someone could console me because this feels terrible. I am prepared to someone rejecting me after seeing my picture (i'm not ugly but i'm not gorgeous either. perhaps a 6) or if our interests do not seem compatible. But the fact that she completely ignored me after meeting is killing me.
>>
File: 1417144778043.gif (3MB, 500x408px) Image search: [Google]
1417144778043.gif
3MB, 500x408px
>>18044231
>>18044230

Get over it. Move on. Sometimes people won't like you and there will not be any explanation. The world very seldom provides people with the opportunity to neatly tie up all their loose ends with a nice bow. That shit isn't real life. Get that idea out of your head going forward, because sometimes chaos will happen regardless of your understanding of it and if you ever hope to be a functional adult you're going to have to learn to accept that.

It doesn't matter. Quit dwelling on it. It happened, now its done. Next girl. We're not going to sit here and make wild, uneducated speculations about what happened and neither should you.
>>
>>18044230
Listen up faggot.

You say she could spend 5 min to respond, but you're comparing your time vs her time. You literally have no other prospects. Meanwhile, she's probably being bombarded with dozens of other emails requesting dates. That's the difference between your time and her time.

No one is obligated to explain or give you time. Maybe she just likes to date around and experience different people. Who knows, move the fuck on.

And if you realize that you don't often meet people, then do something with your life that would change it and stop crying about it.
>>
We probably aren't getting the whole story, but I'll bite. She probably just wasn't that interested in you in the first place dude, but figured it was worth a shot to try out. People ghost others all the time these days, so it's something you'll have to learn to brush off if you want to get anywhere romantically. From the looks of it, it seems like you might have been too awkward for her and the connection and interest was more one sided than you either believe or tell us. Even if things went smoother than they probably did, the morning after text probably killed it. Telling someone you just met that you find them interesting and cute and plan on becoming more talkative with them is kinda strange, as if you are analyzing them and basing your actions off of that rather than just letting whatever happens to happen. Live and learn dude, that's how all the Chads got so good at what they do. I know it may seem like the end of the world right now, but this is only a chick you've met in person once and sent a handful of emails to. Nothing to get too worked up over, which you hopefully will see in time.
>>
(OP)
>>18044247
>Even if things went smoother than they probably did, the morning after text probably killed it.
lol, when you put it like that, it kinda makes sense
my only consolation is that it probably wouldnt have mattered
>>
>>18044247
>>18044253
Also, towards the end of the date, I asked her what she thought of me. I recognized that to be a stupid move moments after saying it but.. yea
She did say she though I was cool and want to hang out with me again, but she might have lied because of a misguided sense of kindness
>>
>>18044247
she was also texting the whole time
thats a good implication that it was hopeless i guess
>>
>>18044257
>misguided

I'm willing to put my money on the analyzing thing I said in >>18044247 now that I've read that post. I'm almost positive you spent most of the time analyzing her every move and reacting accordingly instead of just living in the moment which she could probably sense to some extent. There's no misguiding of kindness here, and I don't even know how kindness could be misguided in this situation, if at all. She probably only said yes to hanging out again to avoid any awkward interaction if she rejected you, or if she may have been afraid you'd become hostile if she said no to you right then and there. So again, live and learn and hopefully your next interaction with a chick will flow more smoothly.
>>
>>18044270
>she may have been afraid you'd become hostile if she said no to you right then and there
that is a very reasonable point, yes
>>
How did you felt when you read her messages? Empty,happy...
>>
>>18044456
i can say that whenever i received a message, it made me more happy than anything else in the past few years? they were the highlight of my days.
why do you ask?
>>
>>18044467
I was in the same boat as you.
>>
>>18044467
But don't worry, you will forget how you felt about her and you will keep up in life,Until something new pops up and leads you to here again...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.