[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schizotypal Personality Style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: faded denim jeans.png (10KB, 495x791px) Image search: [Google]
faded denim jeans.png
10KB, 495x791px
I was recently diagnosed with Avoidant Personality Disorder, with Schizotypal Style. Can anyone help explain what this mean? I'm not sure what it means, or what do about it. I think it has something to do with having a more delusional approach to showing emotions, but not really to an extent that's ill or debilitating. Please help explain
>>
File: 1477963587851.jpg (25KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1477963587851.jpg
25KB, 720x540px
>>18044200

>Can anyone help explain what this mean?

Ask the doctor that diagnosed you what it means, not a bunch of teenage sperglords on the internet. If you were diagnosed by a doctor you have a literal encyclopedia of knowledge at your disposal with the benefit of a personalized treatment plan. If you were diagnosed by anyone other than a doctor then everything you just said was a load of horse shit.
>>
File: be well, vatniks.png (5KB, 411x354px) Image search: [Google]
be well, vatniks.png
5KB, 411x354px
>>18044207
I've been diagnosed. I was just re-reading the writtent evaluation, and I sent an email today, but I was impatient and more importantly wanted to know what other anons who had the same diagnosis did about it. I asked a therapist the other day but he's only got a masters and had to check the DSM-5 and didn't do a great job explaining it, and he didn't make the original evaluation anyways
>>
>>18044200
I'll go ahead and try spoon-feeding you a bit of info. This guy >>18044207 is right, though.

Avoidant Personality Disorder and Schizotypal Personality Disorder are two different things, but have a lot of overlap. I think there was even talk of just merging them for DSM-V, but that obviously never happened. What you're probably describing is AvPD with some overlap into STPD.

Could you explain your troubles, anon? I've been wondering if I have AvPD myself and would love to read about your experiences.
>>
>>18044200
also
>but not really to an extent that's ill or debilitating.
so you're saying that you don't actually have a problem at all?
>>
File: gondoal ruins.jpg (3MB, 4441x2763px) Image search: [Google]
gondoal ruins.jpg
3MB, 4441x2763px
>>18044241
I originally went to the doctor because several people, parents and acquaintances had inquired whether I was autistic. I wasn't sure, and the idea bothered me so I went to get a diagnosis. Instead I got something different, which was helpful

I have the written evaluation here. I'll just retype a piece of it

>Diagnostically, Anon is presenting with Avoidant Personality Disorder, with Schizotypal Personality Style, and Dependent Personality Style.

>Anon has an intense mistrust of others that is combined with strong withdrawal tendencies and an inability to constrain persistent depressive feelings. A detached observers of his immediate environs, he may be dependent on others to assume responsibilities that he should bear. His conflicting fears of losing the support of others and of becoming too close to them compel him to experience recurrent anxieties periods of dysphoria, and a pervasive disharmony of mood. Extended periods of solitude in his life are typically painful, producing feelings of emptiness and depersonalization

There's more about fear of ridicule, feeling weak, retreating into daydreams and suppressing events that evoke disturbing feelings. Basically avoiding anything that causes negative emotions outside of strictly necessary responsibilities

>>18044245
It's not so much that I can't work or communicate, but it makes things difficult. I just wanted to know what Schizotypal Personality Style means
>>
>>18044262
>His conflicting fears of losing the support of others and of becoming too close to them compel him to experience recurrent anxieties periods of dysphoria, and a pervasive disharmony of mood. Extended periods of solitude in his life are typically painful, producing feelings of emptiness and depersonalization
this hits really close to home.

>It's not so much that I can't work or communicate, but it makes things difficult. I just wanted to know what Schizotypal Personality Style means
well, sorry for completely misconstruing your post, anon. I wish you luck, nonetheless.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.