[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have envy issues and I need to get clear. But will therapy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I have envy issues and I need to get clear. But will therapy truly help? I used to go to therapy because of depression back in college but we ended up just talking about random shit that came to my mind, and I feel it will turn out the same if I attempted it again.
>>
I think it depends on the kind of person you are. I am the same as you, and am starting to feel therapy is a just a place where people pay to have a "friend". If you aren't afraid to tackle your issues and already have a good support group then it's probably not worth it.

Fuck even talking to internet strangers is more helpful usually.
>>
>>18044046
I don't have a support group.

So, anon, how do I stop being envious to such an extreme that it makes me depressed and blocks me from just going about my buisiness?
>>
>>18044037
I have envy issues and struggle with anxiety and (maybe) depression. Been doing therapy and it helped in all fronts. It probably depends on the person and the therapist. In sime sessions I do just end up talking about random shit but some times my therapist can guide the conversation to places that really make me perceive things about my self that I wasn't aware. Also, going to therapy thinking it won't be helpfull will potentially really make it not helpfull! In my case therapy helped me perceive that my envy issues are directly related to my shity self esteem and feelings of exclusion. and it helped me cope with that.
>>
>>18044064
This may sound stupid but here it goes: try going about your business without caring what other's businesses are or what they think about your business
>>
>>18044165
Low self-esteem is definitely a factor with me, always been, however it's gotten terribly bad over the past year. Exclusion/isolation has played a role, as well.

I already had these conclusions without a therapist. There has to be a deeper cause.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.