[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice on coping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I need input anons on what I should or could do to alleviate my crippling fear of these ungodly creatures. if there's one in my room, I will not go back in my house until someone brings a corpse to me for proof it's dead. moved into an old house with plenty of cracks and gaps which they love. bound to see one this summer, so I need to prepare. wat do?
>>
Watch an entire documentary on insects

I recommend Life in the Undergrowth

also those things are harmless, I have Arizona Bark Scorpions in my house, step up
>>
house centipedes may be creepy looking but they are literally incapable of harming you in any way
>>
>>18044002
This isn't true. They absolutely are capable of biting humans, it's just very rare. Their mouths are on the underside of their body so they have to be crawling on you to bite. Anyways, I used to live in a massive, 140 year old house and these things were absolutely everywhere. I'd usually see at least one a day, probably the same ones repeatedly as they were very large, and they live to be pretty old for insects. I never bothered them and they never bothered me. They eat bedbugs and other pest insects so i let them live for that reason. Not sure how this helps OP but, it's false to claim they are 100% harmless.
>>
>>18043944
Fuck you for posting a picture of one of these.

Fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you.

I am so scared of these I literally get tunnel vision and chills every time I see them. It's a genuine phobia. I would legitimately rather walk into a den of starving bears and fucking cobras than look at one of these for one second.

My advice to you is MOVE THE FUCK OUT.

PS. I disabled images in my browser .000285 sec after seeing this thread so if any of you shitheads are frantically googling for pictures to ruin my week, don't bother, myah.

PPS. I would be genuinely grateful to anybody who was able to tip me off to a part of the world where house centipedes haven't spread yet (like how there's no snakes yet in New Zealand or something, right?) I know they don't like the cold. Are there house centipedes yet in Mongolia? If no, I WILL MOVE THERE. I AM DEAD SERIOUS.
>>
>>18044544
Pretty slim on the ground in wales.

For OP I really recommended keeping one as a pet in a jar, you get to desensitise yourself in a controlled way then
>>
>>18043944

Just get food grade diatomaceous earth and sprinkle it in all the cracks and crevices. Itll keep them away and its safe around pets and children
>>
In Dallas Texas here, and that photo is the first one I've ever seen.
>>
>>18044544 op here, they've basically found their way into most of the southern hemisphere. They're starting to get reports in Canada other northern countries.
>>
>>18044544
I live in Alaska. I've never seen one! Palmer is swell, and super well-off economically. No spiders either. Or..any bugs ever.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.