[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you Iike your parents?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 1486319374246.png (85KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1486319374246.png
85KB, 350x262px
Why don't you Iike your parents?
>>
>>18043261
My mum has a plethora of mental health issues and her spine is going to shit. Anything I do for her is never enough and I question why I came back here every day.
>>
I like my parents
>>
Dad left my mother, brother who has autism and I before we were born. My mother was never ready to raise 2 boys and 1 with a mental disability. A single parent raising 2 boys all by herself is a hard task and during adolescence I wanted to call him to tell him i wish he was dead but as i grew older and became an adult i realized it wasn't all my mother's fault. I could hate her for "not trying" to raise me right only giving me small hints of advice such as "stay in school" or "do unto others as you would like them to do to you" but that would be hypocritical of me. Plus every teacher i had during my childhood turned a blind eye and never took the time to help me with my studies so in a sense the cards i have been dealt have always seemed more like a punishment than a chore.

Can't say I want to keep moving forward but I'm doing it... It just hurts to know my past will always be something to hate rather than appreciate.
>>
Dad never cared, never saw him
Mom treated me like a disabled retard even though I'm normal.
>>
>>18043261
My mom has the diagnosis of bipolar disorder, but I am convinced she is a narcissist too.

My mom and dad broke up when I was a baby. When I was ages 2-7, my mom would date and club a lot and leave for days at a time. My grandparents pretty much just raised me.

From ages 8-14, we lived with my mom's boyfriend. He molested me from ages 9 to 11. Instead of my mom leaving or calling the cops like any normal person would do, she'd compete with me sexually over her bf. Complain that I was prettier than her.

I barely remember being assaulted. Her boyfriend would crush sleeping pills into my drinks at night. One night I woke up mid act, and he stopped.

My mom told me this happened because I am pretty. And it was worth it because we got a place to live out of it.

When I was 18, I realized this was bullshit, and something should be done. I told other members of my family. My mom told them I was lying for attention. They believed her over me. Secretly, my mom was still fucking her pedophile boyfriend on the weekends.

This led to a big fight. I got kicked out. Only person who believes me is my angelic grandmother and my dad.

As for my dad, he didn't know I was being abused and didn't fight hard enough for custody. My mom always put on a show for court hearinds. We saw him three times a year. It was always awkward, couldnt even muster up the courage to tell him when I was a kid because I was also afraid of him.

I hate my mom so much. The emotional scarring from the abuse would have been more bearable if my mom acted like a mom.
>>
Mom is lazy as fuck and ruined our only couch by being on it 20 hours of the day, everyday. Overweight, won't do anything, let's mounds of trash build up. I'm talking one full trash bag already there, mounds of soda cans, dishes, paper towels, fast food wrappers. It's fucking ridiculous. Whenever she needs to check on her mom (she had a stroke and can't talk, hard to walk) she comes up with a bullshit excuse everytime without fail. So now I have to take care of her and my grandmother. Everytime I do something for her it isn't enough.

Dad developed cancer and has had an innumerable amount of complications that have killed his spirit. He's also hilariously disappointed in me, and treats me like a failure. Despite the fact I just graduated from college and had a job coming out of school.

I hate my life with an incredible passion. If I wasn't such a God damn pussy, I'd have killed myself by now. I have a perpetual migraine everyday, I feel like shit when I wake up, I feel like shit when I go to bed, I feel like shit when I hang out with my friends. I need meds to even get a sliver of sleep.

I just want to die. That's all.
Sorry for ranting. Just, tired of it all.
>>
Funny you should ask.
>>
>>18043261
i do though, my parents are pretty great
>>
I like my mom, shes the most important person in my life but my father.. its complicated. I dont hate him but i guess i kinda resent him for the way he treats my mom (he used to hit her and i hate the way he often looks at her, like he looks at her with such anger/rage ever since i was little).
>>
Father in and out of life. Horrible life decisions that cost us the family business, our home, and mom basically a single mother. He ruined every single holiday. Haven't seen him in a decade.

Mom is so stupid and makes the same mistake. Took me until I became an adult to realize how selfish and short term her ideas are. Her idea of healthy food is a scoop of corn to go alongside fried chicken and fries. She also had my brother with a second man and forced me to practically become the father. All my decisions since high school have been to help her, but its to no use. She doesn't save money, refuses to get her life together. She has severely altered my life for the worst. We talk but its obvious we are not close.
>>
>>18043261
They were both homeless faggots when the met, fucked, and had me and then I was taken from my mom at 5 for unfit living conditions and child neglect, and met my father for the first time when I was 19. Haven't spoken to him since and I'm 30. Fuck 'em. I have more money and security than they could ever dream to have. Traveled to 5 continents and bought a brand new car in cash. Being taken from my mother was literally the best thing to ever happen to me.

Making me was the only worthwile thing either of them ever did their whole pointless lives.
>>
>>18043261
Because, despite how much I hate them, I can't help being just like them.
>>
I simply don't like mine as persons. Their mindsets, their thinking, how they approach their common project called relationship, the lack of understanding/empathy/thinking-that-maybe-he-could-be-wrong in my father and the lack of rational, focusing-on-things-that-actually-matter type attitude on part of my mother all disgust me. Horrible people.
>>
>>18043271
>>18043278
I can relate to both of these

My dad didn't leave until I was 18 (i'm mid 20s now), but maybe since I was 10 he wasn't engaged with family life really. Our house was just arguments all the time, and he went off and lived his own life a lot of the time.

What you say about mothers I can relate to - your mum thinking you're a weirdo when you feel normal. I guess it's because mums get over-protective when there's no father around.

Both of you sound like you had it much worse than me though if you never knew your dads at all. I don't currently have anything to do with my dad though because he's a wanker and I don't want anything to do with him.
>>
>>18043261
I love them, but their pretty fucked up and broken.
My mother is seperated from us when I was a toddler, re-married and then devorced years after. She end up having a psychotic breakdown and went dark for almost a decade only to be found among vagrants, suffering from schizophrenia with alcohol and drug addiction.
My father is a recovering alcoholic who is well into the retirement age and still works like a dog, getting constantly sick and buried in debts for years.
I love them both and I wish I could help them but things are fucked up for me too and I hope things will work out soon.
>>
>>18043261
My dad is racist, sexist, and stupid (without realizing it). He is the sort that will deride rednecks as being white trash pieces of shit while being unaware that he's a white trash piece of shit himself.

When I was a teenager, he always mocked me for being depressed. He shot and killed my dog. He tried to start a sexual relationship with my sister (I don't think anything ever happened though). He sexually harasses my teenage cousin, being the creepy uncle sort.

I haven't spoken to him in over a year and I'm not sure I ever will again. He is dying and I can't really bring myself to care.

I'm fine with my mom, except that she loves my dad.
>>
I can't buy anything with oit them seeing it at some point and either judge it on what it is eg MLP vinyl scratch figurine or ask how much it was eg nendoroids
>>
>>18043261
mother was / is a control freak, never made good choices and still lives off her peratns and expects them to pay for all her fuck ups, is a mental case, doesn't know who my dad is, stepdad was in and out of jail my whole childhood, stole things from my room to pay for his addiction. i could keep going, but i don't feel like typing all night.
>>
My mother used to shout at me and hit me quite a lot, despite the fact that I was actually a pretty good kid. She forced me to leave home at 17, but she's never apologised for it. Told my family that I left of my own volition, which is a bit of a pisser.

My father is just so fucking passive I don't fucking get it. I went back for Christmas and barely spoke to him, and he told his parents about how upset he was.

I don't really get it, these people do absolutely nothing but seem to expect something from me. I can't that passiveness. It's particularly English, but I just don't really get how my parents especially are so cold and unloving. That's what really upsets me, I feel that they have no passion in life.

I mean they don't understand it. Their parents helped them buy cars and houses, their parents still help support them now. And yet that's not passed down. Money is only part of the issue really, I just don't get it. I ended up homeless in London one night, I text my Mum saying I was coming home, to get the reply of "Stay somewhere else". That's just fucking heartless and boring, I can't believe I put up with it for so long.
>>
File: 1476760378271.jpg (46KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
1476760378271.jpg
46KB, 600x573px
Mother
>paranoid schizo, had delusions that my sister and I were government agents sent to spy on her, forced us to sleep overnight in a Walmart parking lot because she thought the house was bugged. Neglected to actually teach us anything, expected us to instincually know how to do laundry, dishes, etc. When I broke up with my first long term boyfriend and came to her for support she laughed at me.

Father
>Blatantly favored my sister. Would often buy me gifts just to hold over my head, if I didn't obey he would destroy the gifts, which gave me a huge complex about accepting anything from others. Abused every animal in his vicinity, hitting dogs for licking him, keeping dogs chained up outside, never fed or cleaned small animal habitats, but refused to let us care for them ourselves so we had to watch our beloved pets slowly starve to death. When I told him I was molested by a family friend he didn't believe me, only cut ties with family friend once money was owed. Refused to acknowledge that I was being viciously bullied in school, only cared about report cards and little else. Stopped speaking to him when I turned 17, he tried to get back in contact with me and I refused to see him.

I hate them both. I haven't spoken to my father in 8 years. My mother tries to keep in contact with me, but every time I try to confront her about her delusional behavior during my childhood she pretends I made it all up, or claims she was "just joking"

Honestly, my parents never should have had children.
>>
My parents are both raging alcoholics. Combine that with some good old fashioned racism and all in all despicable personalities and you got yourself a recipe for "I don't want to be part of this".
>>
My mother and father both incessantly picked on me while I was growing up and wouldnt do anything when my brother and sister would verbally abuse me or when my brother sexually abused me. My father is an alcoholic who has came home high in coke before but passively insults me for smoking weed. My mother is also very passive and has a plethora of mental illnesses that have then been passed to me. They also both set a horrible example of what a healthy relationship should be so I blame them for my inability to keep a partner. There's much more but I'm not in the mood to make myself irrationally angry.
>>
>>18043261
Damn, I'm reading a lot of these comments and thought I had a dysfunctional family. My parents both have issues more mom than dad but I think they're pretty normal and I should be grateful for having them in my life. My grandparents, aunts, and uncles on the other hand are probably the most unbelievably disgusting and ungrateful pieces of shit I've ever known. I really don't want to tell my story, it's too long and fucking said for so many reasons and thing is, I'm not the main victim.
>>
Father: jobless gambling addict

Mother: crippling mental issues but insists it's everyone else who "needs help"
>>
>>18043261
Why dont you like your parents, op?
>>
>>18043278
Same, except dad leave and come back alot. Mom thought everyone was stupid and beneath her. Fuck both of them, there cowards.
>>
They had sex to make me
>>
I'm fucked up
But I love my parents

Both of them
>>
My mother always expect me to be fucking first everywhere, otherwise I am "not a man". I remember her calling me a retard all the time I failed my study or lost a competition. I hate her with fucking passion.

Father is super chill is supportive, full of action, never talks shit. I love him. Sad thing that he thinks my mother is a smart women, because she's exactly the opposite.
>>
>>18044950
Both my parents were like your dad
They were like "Dude, whatever, you tried"
I think I could have done something if they pushed me
>>
File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>>18043261
are you kidding me? I fuckin' love my parents, they put up with so much shit

I should ask them why the hell they still give me more love & support than I deserve
>>
>>18043261
They coddled me my whole life and expected me to know how to do everything without teaching me anything. They had this weird mixture of being overprotective and not caring at the same time. Grades? Never gave a shit. Going outside of the house? Suddenly I'm supposedly going out to party and get drunk even though I'm the biggest social retard in the family. They lightened up a bit as I got older but the mistrust and paranoia is still clear.

I'm older than I care to admit as I'm still with them. Any frustrations I have with them could simply be resolved if I just had the money to move out. I just started my new job today (prev. job was paying below minimum wage suddenly). My ex left me a while back and I've been struggling to get back on my feet financially ever since, since we shared everything. That's still my fault though for not getting a better job, I guess.

They still put up with me, which I appreciate. But all they do is assume things about me and never talk to me about anything. They literally know nothing about me and then assume I'm out doing horrible things with my life. I seriously just sit at home all day because leaving my room or house means more pointless questions hurled in my direction, and I already have anxiety.

Frankly I guess I don't have an argument. I just wish they would've done more for me where it counted. Frankly I'm upset because they allowed me to be me.

I guess I'm just blaming them for how I am, which isn't fair.
>>
>>18043450
Please seek counseling and treat yourself. How many wish they had all their senses working, had the ability to still talk to their parents, had a job they can count on. Not saying you have to automatically love these things but do take the time to appreciate them even for just the lessons they left you. You're still here- you're stronger than you think.Go to another country for whenever your vacation is set. Or just go every weekend to another town and get lost for hours. Don't ever even try kill your self. You being a pussy in that regard is a strength! No joke. You at least have a degree and a job. Better than most out there. Your parents are adults and you need to not see them if they disrupt your peace of mind. It's harder with your dad for what he is going through but his suffering doesn't mean he gets to be an asshole to you. Talk to him or visit him but as soon as he gets surly tell him you're leaving because you don't want to feed into the negativity. Tell him does he really want to be this way or dies he want to be the best man and dad he can be while he is still here. Man maybe my advice is shit but please find help and I do hope you feel better soon. May you find peace and healing soon. Internet hugs.
>>
I have a related question: to all of you who don't like your parents, how would you prefer they were instead? Because it honestly seems there's no way a parent can win, anything they do could result in resentment
>>
>>18043261
I love my parents, but watching them from when they were young, and seeing them now; they've deteriorated to where they are a shell of their former selves. I don't really recognize them anymore, they seem like completely different people.
>>
>>18045199
Most people (especially women) that hate their parents/fathers will hate them anyway, it's ingrained into their identity. Most probably don't even hate them as much as they pretend.
>>
>>18045206
First of all, that doesn't answer my question. And secondly, that sounds like unfounded generalisations.
>>
>>18045199
To be fair, a good deal of the people here who hate their parents have good reason to.
>>
>>18045211
I'm not suggesting that it's unfounded in some cases. But some people are saying that their parents were too hard, some were too soft. Some pushed them too much, others didn't push them enough. It just seems like one of those 'grass is greener on the other side' when someone's parents weren't genuinely abusive or exploitative and people blame them for how they turned out.
>>
>>18043261
Physical and emotional abuse.
And no, not 'made me unhappy so I'm calling it that' emotional abuse - diagnosed shit, a history of friends too terrified to come over, secret criminal records and a whole mess of other shit.

As for the physical: ever been beaten with a dresser drawer? It's downright surreal.
>>
My mama must of forgot to stop with a popped condom.
>>
>>18043261
They aight and pretty cool honestly but of course I can't fucking stand them get outta my head OP

Over the course of my life every time I let my 'true self' show through the mask they either misunderstood me in the most insulting way possible (Like assuming I was a misogynist because I have no interest in the trashy republicunts in my hometown and was a prude when younger (btw they were always sex negative when raising me so this 'prudishness' was literally just copying them) or just denied my feelings as being true. Like, they thought I was just trolling or somehow mistaken about my own fucking opinion, that they asked for. It was some bullshit I can barely remember but it triggered me so hard I have an example
'Anon what do you think of Movie'
'I don't like it'
'Yes you do'
Just straight up telling me my own opinion isn't my opinion, I'm still at a loss to explain their behavior

Sorry if that was incoherent but I'm mad af

tl;dr I can't communicate honestly with them so interacting has become a chore and now that I don't need them to survive, I don't need them at all. They're nothing but a pair of strangers who assume familiarity and intimacy but rejected my 'true self' so often that I can only interact with them via a fake mask that I developed in childhood because it was better than having my caregivers rejecting me constantly

Feels lame because nothing bad ever happened to me like some of the other anons here. I just had low-grade rejection my whole cushy life and after so much fruitless attempts to put myself out there and find anyone like me I ended up a hollow man who's like nobody else at all.

Except a small portion of you fags.
>>
>>18043261
Mom died in car accident at 35 her and 8 me...dad became alcoholic blew every dime we got from her passing. He moved states when i turned 18 and we have since been estranged
>>
My mom died when i was really young, my dad split a few weeks later, lived with crazy religious grandparents for 20 years.

I poked holes in the bible, i got slapped, belted or punished for it. Basically dont question it, thats not me, i left all that behind as soon as i got a job. I dont talk much about myself or my family to what few friends i have
>>
>>18043261
Because I'm a self-pitying dweeb who has to have someone to blame.
>>
>>18043261
I love my parents, and am incredibly grateful that they are still in a loving marriage (35+ years). I hope I'm half the man my dad is. He's humble, but well respected by everyone who's met him. Even more so, I hope I'd make my grandpa (rip) proud. He's the greatest person I've ever known, and I miss him dearly.
>>
My parents sucked but they were a lot better than some of these stories. I just hate myself and I'm ungrateful for life. By extension I hate those responsible.
>>
>>18043261
What board is this again?
>>
I don't hate them.

I'm just not the favorite.
>>
I'm pretty close to my mother actually. I naturally take her advice with a grain of salt considering the gender and generational gap, but for the most part she has her head on straight.

My father? I wouldn't say I dislike him. We're just not close. He didn't know how to deal with me, one of my earliest memories is him screaming and punching the dashboard because I was having some weird hangup over little league baseball when I was like 6 or 7. He just sorta dipped out after that and just took up overtime to avoid me, or he'd come home and watch fox news while expecting to be left alone. It's not like I'm pulling it out of my ass either, since he straight up admitted to it a few years ago. Then when I was like 16 he tried bringing me to work to force a bond, but much to his chagrin being told to dig a ditch for the better part of their weekend doesn't make a teenager ooze love. I guess I mostly wonder what he was expecting to happen?

I've gotten over it for the most part but I had to google a lot of things you'd probably ask your father. Not sure what people did before the internet in situations like that.

>>18045199
Would have been cool if he was involved, and didn't brush me off. Most of my positive memories involve exclusively my mother since she was the only one willing to do anything, which he's sour about for some reason. I wouldn't say I'm resentful, more like disappointed.
>>
because i live with them
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.