[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flowers and women

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4592.jpg (47KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4592.jpg
47KB, 470x313px
Hey I was just curious, how big a deal is for a woman to receive flowers?

I think most women really like them, but a friend of mine told me that they could even change a woman's mind (if she's angry, uninterested, etc). Is it that huge of an influence on them?
>>
I'd say yes, but take my advice with a grain of salt. I don't know what you're planning but have a backup plan, just in case.
>>
Genders dont affect brains that radically. Your friend is retarded.
>>
>>18043214
Hahahaha I'm not planning anything, I'm just curious. Changing a woman's mind for a dozdn flowers just seemed to good if a deal for me
>>
>>18043201
I'm a female and I think flowers are dumb. I would rather get a potted plant that might last for years than expensive flowers that are going to wither and die in a week. What a waste.

BUT, that's not to say I wouldn't appreciate the thought behind them. Someone reaching out to show that they like you is beyond flattering. I think I would probably rather something more thoughtful and something that shows that the person really knows me, but flowers would still be flattering. Any sign of appreciation would make me more open to talking to someone, assuming they're not some psycho stalker I told to fuck off already.
>>
>>18043225
It really depends. Flowers (or any other token) aren't going to make me like someone I don't like. Flowers aren't going to be a band aid for a major problem in a relationship. They are, at best, greasing the wheel.
>>
File: 1482980190961.gif (2MB, 490x275px) Image search: [Google]
1482980190961.gif
2MB, 490x275px
>>18043201

>Changing a woman's mind for a dozdn flowers

What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>18043243
I think OP thinks it's so simple that if a woman doesn't return your affections or if she's angry at you for something, all you gotta do is buy a dozen roses and let nature take its course.

Let's all laugh at OP.
>>
Dude here.

Women can often 'read' flowers in the same way a person 'reads' body language. Timing (special occasion or random gesture?), type/arrangement (aroma, colors, shapes, etc.), presentation ("I bought you these" vs. "These are for you" w/ fluorish) - of both you and the flowers is important.

It's a mistake to give flowers ONLY on spec. occasions, as much as it is to give them all the time. It's also bad form to always get the same type/color. Roses r for n0obs.
>>
>>18043262

>Women can often 'read' flowers in the same way a person 'reads' body language. Timing (special occasion or random gesture?), type/arrangement (aroma, colors, shapes, etc.), presentation

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>18043268

Actually he's kind of onto something. I'm not sure how typical of a woman I am though, but I do analyze the flowers like that. A bouquet of roses is beautiful but so run of the mill anymore; not really any thought put to it. And when it's only on special occasion it's kind of... not expected but not a surprise. An arrangement with some thought---that'll get me wet
>>
Dude again.

The effect of the flowers is entirely to do with what you communicate by giving them. If the giver is just trying to get laid easy or make their other stop being mad about ____ then it's gonna be obvious and ineffective.

IF however, they say "I know u like these colors/flowers and I was thinking of you on this random day so I thought I'd surprise you"

Or

"Here's a fragrant and vividly colored gesture of my interest to enjoy w/e time together" then that too will come across.

Flowers appeal to sight, touch, and smell, and women have better noses than dudes so that last one is that much more important.
>>
The flower industry is a giant scam. Nature gives us flowers for free. Shit, even the bottled water industry doesn't put dudes' nuts into a hydraulic press like Big Floral does. If you want to get your bitch some flowers, get her a nice vase then FIND flowers for it on random occasions.

If you spend $50 on her today, then you're going to be spending another $50 on her tomorrow. This becomes the new norm, and deviating from this norm becomes a crime.
>>
>>18043201
protip: grow flowers in your yard. pick some, put them in a vase, present them. "here, i grew these for you". prepare to be washed away in a deluge of wetness
>>
>>18043201
I wouldn't say specifically flowers are a big impact, but small gifts are. When you go out, and bring back something small and not really useful, it good.

You thought about me and here is proof. You like me enough to buy something small for me. I do it for friends here and there, and it's not limited to romantic partners.
>>
>>18043201
My bf has never sent me flowers. I don't really care. I never asked, he knows I'm not really into all that.

Recently, he's been asking me my work hours and hinting at sending flowers on Valentine's. At first, I was thinking, this so is not like him and who cares. But then, I thought, it'd actually be really nice if he bought me flowers while I was at work.

I'd feel pretty special. I wouldn't feel hugely influenced, but it'd put me in a good mood for a while.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.