[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips for getting over someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Break up is imminent. I know I'm going to be a mess and even just getting through the day will be difficult.

I'm trying to preempt this whilst I'm not completely fucked up. How do I handle this initially, and in the long term, get over the person who seems like she will always be the love of my life.
>>
I don't think you can handle it, initially. You'll just have to be a mess. Face that pain like a man and cry like a baby. It's the normal thing to do. Can't always be happy. You'll get over it in a few months depending on what type of person you are. I'd pick up exercising if you're not doing that already. Jogging can help quite a lot and will steer you away from falling into a heavy depression. I know what it feels like, it's shit. I'm sorry that it went this way for you but you'll meet someone and you'll feel like this was all for the best. Trust me, you'll be a greater and happier person in the end.
>>
>>18043067

Its quite a hellish road for a while depending on time spent together and how much you loved them but like most things you get over it eventually.

Took me about 2-3 months to be legitimately happy again after my last break up, before that I was a zombie just going through the motions. Initially I was crying every second day and didn't really eat or do any of the things that used to make me happy.

I found what helped me was getting outside by myself and going for walks in the sun, just time to reflect on anything and everything that was bothering me. Spend time with friends in between when you start to feel lonely but also make sure to get some alone time to grieve.

It sucks but it does get better, much better. You eventually will realise it was for the best, if it was meant to be then it would be.

I'm at the stage now where even if they reached out and wanted to try again I would decline because the time spent apart has made me realise and grow a lot. There is a silver lining in that you do become stronger from it, its a learning experience most people have to go through.
>>
>>18043067
I went through a nasty breakup ~2 years ago and I was a complete fucking wreck. I'm talking drunken text messages that got ignored, suicide threats, ugly crying when I saw him, begging to get back together, etc.

None of it did any good and looking back, I'm ashamed I acted like that, especially over some fat, lying, douchebag guy that wasn't worth a fraction of that sort of misery and behavior.

I'd say keep in mind that you will get over it one day and you're going to have to look back on your behavior from a more sober standpoint one day. Crying and being miserable is fine. Losing months and months of your life being a pathetic basketcase is not.
>>
>>18043132
Thank you for the practical advice. I suppose something like exercise, that I can devote time to could be therapeutic and occupy me. Regarding meeting someone else, I'm nearly 30 and I've never felt anywhere near what I feel for her. I'm not the sort of person who can find a relationship easy. I suppose I'm scared I won't again.
>>
>>18043157
>>18043168

Helpful. Thank you, especially this
>keep in mind that you will get over it one day and you're going to have to look back on your behavior from a more sober standpoint
>>
>>18043186

Exercise is great, especially lifting weights which can help with your confidence moving forward. I think most people who are on the receiving end of being dumped go through a phase where they get scared they won't meet anyone as good or anyone at all for that matter but this almost always proves to be false.

Just think, someone thats willing to let you go isn't exactly going to be tough to beat.
>>
>>18043186

Yep, lots of "angry" exercise, walking is great for that, (no special equipment) weights and swimming..

Couple this with a massage. Therapeutic.. not cheesy, happy-ending crap, an actual professional deep-tissue massage.

Technically I went to a spa, once every two weeks, but the massage is what helped. A treat I gave myself with the money I saved not having a "significant other.."

Turned into focusing on me for a little while, and being ok with it..
>>
>>18043256
Walking was always the worst for me, because it gave me time to think, even if I tried listening to podcasts and stuff. I would come home angrier than when I left.

You're better off doing interval training or sports or something - something that keeps your brain concentrating on what you're doing. At least if you're me. Even hiking was better than walking since I had to pay attention to my surroundings.
>>
Exercise is the most underrated form of therapy, anons. Exercised before my previous situationship and continued when I left his skank ass.
>>
>>18043259

Ah, well.. I'm easily distracted I guess.. I've lived in my neighborhood long enough to watch some of the trees grow up, my walks are comfy.. instills a sense of belonging and continuity, that overrides..

I suppose not everyone experiences that..
>>
>>18043198
Not OP, but this is really helpful for what I'm going through right now, thanks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.