[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate pride and arrogance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Pride and Arrogance.png (749KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Pride and Arrogance.png
749KB, 960x540px
What's so wrong if a man loves himself, takes pride in himself? what if he does not put others down? why does the society try so hard to "bring you down a notch" or "teach you a lesson" or "put you in your place".

I do not understand the morality behind such behavior, isn't it worse than prideful or arrogant individuals?

Why do I need to prove myself to you to love myself? what if you never think that I deserve my pride and arrogance? would I continue to live at the level that you think is right for me?
>>
>>18042805
It's unpleasant to be around someone who believes he's better than you. Most of the time they really aren't and it's just annoying to hear someone masturbate verbally about how amazing their achievements are.

You can feel love for yourself, you should live as you wish, but you shouldn't verbalise such feelings. We don't need to know you're proud of yourself.
Do your thing, apply yourself, just don't spend your bragging about it or being arrogant.
Being humble makes you more appreciated because you put yourself at the same level of the person you're talking to, and let them choose to elevate you at someone better.
>>
Everyone loves confident people. You ask what an interviewer looks for in a job candidate? Confidence. What a woman looks for in a man? Confidence.
Confidence is valuing yourself, knowing your flaws and still feeling like a worthwhile person with them, being proud of your qualities and skills.

Pride and arrogance is different. Both of those imply that you have an exaggerated emphasis on your own priorities and think yourself better than others, worthy of better treatment etc. Like you're so special you're above the law and people should treat you differently.

If you regularly get called proud/arrogant, realize that you might actually tip over in that direction more than you are healthily confident.
>>
>>18042805
>What's so wrong if a man loves himself
That's called confidence. If people told you that you're prideful or arrogant, apparently you went much further than that and acted like a dick. If you can provide a more specific example of something you did we can tell you why it's arrogant and not confident
>>
People don't care about your own love.

People care about you stepping on they. Like, you can love yourself, but that doesn't give you any right to put down whatever other person.

Also, people won't do shit if they saw you're good at something and you're pride of it. Otherwise you're only a potencial liar.
>>
It's simple. Most people's self-confidence, assurance, and contentment is either thin or outright false, and rather than recognize or address it, it is much easier to try and bring YOU down.

It's the whole "I'm not that way, what makes them think they're so great?" phenom. It's sad really, ultimately NO one is 'special', but the moment you stop validating yourself based on other people's opinions/perceptions and start genuinely appreciating YOURSELF you suddenly become arrogant, etc.
>>
>>18042898
>>18042898

They feel insecure when they realize that you love yourself and they do not. They start playing games to confuse you, to riddle you with self-doubt - often getting other apes to accompany me in such toxic endeavors.

What gives society the right to dictate how a man should live? why must we earn our right to "love ourselves" and be "pride of ourselves" ,when it's probably our one and only right along with the pursuit of liberty and happiness.

Why do I need to validate my self and beg for validation. Was I born to be a beggar?

I honestly like people who are prideful and arrogant, not the same thing as bullies and spiteful people (two entirely different concepts).
>>
>>18042994
them* sorry, not "me".
>>
>>18042994

It goes even further than that. Modern social hierarchy insists that "only the established (senpaitachi, celebs, polis, etc.) are 'entitled' to self-contentment" and that everyone "lower" on the ladder "must then" be less happy/content. When one DOESN'T abide by this "rule" it upsets the "balance" of things.

Unfortunately the overwhelming evidence suggests that most people would rather lie to themselves than think for themselves.
>>
>>18042805
It's not a bad thing to feel valuable just don't make others fell like they're not valuable enough. Be considerate.
>>
>>18042805
people dont mind pride. they hate arrogance. its called arrogance for a reason.

arrogance means "an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities"

so why wouldnt they want to 'put you in your place.'

if its just normal natural pride, legitimate pride the only people trying to bring you down are people who are jealous or competitive. tahts life. if oyu can have pride in yourself than you have to defend your pride, and most people enjoy doing it.

>isn't giving someone a reality check worse than being arrogant

no. arrogant people are the worst.
>>
>>18043232
OP doesn't seem to like defending his pride constantly for years on end and honestly, neither would I. How are you supposed to retain your confidence if people treat it like a joke or a sham? This "never good enough" mentality is the problem. There's no fucking respect to be given; someone does 110% and everyone expects 130. You do 150 and they treat you like you should've been smart enough to do 300% by now. That isn't funny. There is no lesson to be learned from shitty teaching like such.
>>
>>18043312

>there is no lesson to be learned from shitty teaching like such

thats life, there isn't always a lesson to be learned, except for maybe if you have pride that it doesn't matter if people say 'do better'

that being said, OP admits his is arrogance. why should anyone appreciate or tolerate arrogance?
>>
>>18043331
It's what lies behind it. Someone wouldn't be that anxious to spout their abilities if they weren't waiting to prove themselves. Anybody who doesn't properly appreciate effort would see any pride as arrogance, look at how it's defined. "Over exaggerated". Not to bring race into it but it's very similar to white culture saying black culture "exaggerates" about their lives mattering, just because they're asking to be verified like everyone else before being shot down by stereotype.
>>
>>18043347

too bad.
>>
>>18042805
pride is fine, arrogance is obnoxious
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.