[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does watching a lot of gore have a lasting effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

During high school I was an edgy retard and during my sophomore year I met a couple of equally edgy retards. We had this game where we'd comb the internet for hours and hours trying to one-up each other by finding the most fucked up shit we could.

We did this all the way up to when we graduated high school. During that span of time I must have seen thousands of fucked up pictures and videos and obviously now I'm totally desensitized to it. Now I'm afraid that it'll have a lasting effect on me psychologically
>>
Nothing wrong with desensitization, I did the same thing in highschool. Was it pure morbid curiosity that compelled you and your friends to look for fucked up shit?
>>
If anything, you are now better prepared to deal with such traumatizing things. An advantage, if anything.
>>
It's fine but don't be surprised if it starts to get to you eventually. I used to do the same thing when I was younger. Browse orgrish, YNC, etc. It's interesting when you're young and starting to realize how brutal the world can be, but now that I'm in my twenties I'd much rather look at inspirational things and fields that I'm interested in getting involved in.
>>
>>18042339

Too much gore is horrible for your brain. No im not a scientist. But it doesnt take a scientist to see all the fucked up connections you are making between violence and pleasure. They should do a study on these gore thread watchers on /b/
>>
I used to do the same growing up and I think in hindsight it was because I wanted to know things which people didn't typically know because I wanted to be different, special or somehow above typical people. I think I was scared of being boring while actually being pretty boring.

Because it is complete edgelord rubbish only of value to you if you find these things valuable and if you do find them valuable what does that really say about you?

Everybody has a fascination with these things on some levels. It is why old dudes love to read about war and conflict and study the specifications of weapons and discuss the potential impact they'd have. It is why people like to read books about evil people who steal partners and destroy families.

So fuck it. I've seen nearly all of it. I still like watching the odd war related video or just REKT shit, but I'm genuinely disgusted by wanton animal cruelty or violence against the innocent or vulnerable.

I think the last thing which upset me was a guy stuffing a clearly recently dead or dying rat up his ass for sexual purposes.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.