[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The State Of Clubbing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1486603704516.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486603704516.png
17KB, 900x900px
So usually I see people here giving advice telling people to go to bars/clubs to meet girls

But I'm here to counter that piece of advice with the fact that clubs are quite literally the worst place to go to meet new people unless you're really well known or you go with people you know. I went to a club yesterday, it wasn't my first time going there, but it was my first time going there alone without knowing anybody, it wasn't a horrible experience, more like just observational and strictly just recon. Here are some of the things I saw as a loner stranger dancing by himself

1) Music is too loud for conversation. Some guys came up and tried talking to me and in order for me to hear them they had to shout in my ear and I could feel their spit sipping in.

2)Another guy came up and talked to me and all he wanted was for me to add him on snapchat. Pretended to like my t-shirt just so I could add him on snapchat. I don't even have snapchat.

3) Lots and lots of drunk guys straggling about trying to grind on girls they don't know. It was cringeworthy to watch. Then some of these guys with awful bad breath come and try and talk to you later for no reason.

4) Girls who get on the dance-floor usually do so in packs. Like a group of 4-6 girls just get on and form their own circle of dancing. I watched several times as guys tried to break into these circles and get blown off. As hilarious as it was to watch, it was also disheartening.

5) If you're not a good dancer and you're there alone, you're in for a rough time

6) Loud music. Yes I'm bringing this up again. If you have a soft voice or people even have a hard time hearing you in real life, then trying to say words to preppy girls with top 40 music blaring will be a nightmare and most of the night you'll be left talking to air.
>>
I should add that I'm not gay in any way, but in total last night I was approached by 5 different guys who came and started talking to me first, 2 girls, and 1 woman who looked old enough to be my grandma, and all she did was keep touching my butt and looking for any excuse to hug me.

Anyway, the conclusion I drew was that clubbing alone was annoying, and getting approached by people you don't know can be annoying. I guess I can understand why girls flood the dance floor in packs of 10 and "rescue" a girl from a guy trying to strike up a conversation but damn it's a lot of damn work for usually little reward, and the worst part of it is you're gonna be shouting 95% of the time.

So my question is, are there any frequent club-goers here on /adv/ I'm sure vets have worked around the issues I've brought up, but imo guys who are single and just starting out should absolutely not being to clubs and bars to try and talk to girls, they'll just leave the place demoralized and alone most of the time.
>>
there's no reason to be talking in a club.

dancing is easy to learn, just watch some YouTube videos and practice a bit. if you dance with a girl for a while and you guys are into each other you can take her outside to talk.

youre right that it's pointless to go alone. if people see you standing around alone everyone will peg you for a loser and then you'll feel like shit and meet no one. on top of that you blew a ton of money on cover and overpriced drinks.
>>
>So usually I see people here giving advice telling people to go to bars/clubs to meet girls
why would anyone say that

clubs are awful at virtually everything. The music's awful, the drinks while maybe decent, are terribly overprized, the awful music is much too loud, the dancing's awful (if you want to dance, visit a course), and that's about everything that can happen at a club.

I don't see the benefit of going with people you know, cause you're not gonna hit up one of them, and you can't have conversation with them. they add nothing of value except maybe free drinks.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/secretly-hate-bars.html is a pretty fun read.
>>
>>18041151

Good article. Encompasses my feelings about how I feel about the whole "clubbing scene" in the first place.

It's really such an overrated way of socializing.
>>
>>18041011
Clubs are meant for niggs and John mayers to grind up on Mexican mamis. If you don't like it then don't go. I hate bars fyi
>>
>>18041812

Quit projecting /pol/
>>
>>18041011
seems like you go to the wrong clubs.. don't go to clubs where everyone drinks and without a chillout area
>>
>>18041011
sound like you should go to dancing pub more than clubs
>>
>>18041850

Whats the difference?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.