[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

standard relationshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 11.jpg (31KB, 446x353px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
31KB, 446x353px
few months ago i told my partner of 4 years that i was unhappy in our relationship. we broke up, but i was overcome by regret and we backtracked a day later, just before going our separate ways for christmas, agreeing to give each other space and see how it goes in the new year (we live together). we discussed how we both know our relationship isn't going to last forever, that when we break up we will still be close friends, but obviously some things will change.

given the above, would it still be a dick move to break off this relationship because i have the opportunity to pursue someone else? in many ways i still love my current partner, and i REALLY do not want to hurt them in any way. terminating a relationship and immediately engaging with someone else feels like a shitty thing to do, plus we are living together until mid 2017.

i'm completely conflicted over the situation. this is my first relationship, and i feel like i'm picking the easy path (staying in a relationship i may not be entirely fulfilled by). i am terrified of bringing this up with my partner as it feels like once i do theres no going back. i recognise how selfish and cold this sounds, but i kind of want to test the waters with this other potential partner to see if i have a ship to jump to. but doing this feels very sly and backhanded, and i would hate to have a partner do this to me.

pls any advice is appreciated, talk some sense into me if im being a complete stupid fucking faggot.

tl;dr: is dick move to end a relationship to pursue someone else when you've previously discussed with partner that your relationship wont last forever?
>>
You fucked up and there's no back-tracking. You have to deal with what you've done. If you're not happy in the relationship, do the both of you a favor and end it permanently. After that, you're free to do what you want. Just remember that getting what you want and being happy are two different things.
>>
>>18040704
thanks for the reply.
But how have I fucked up in this situation?
>>
>>18041348
You didn't fuck up, and I don't think that other guy means you "fucked up" as in did something wrong, he just meant that turning back now isn't really a good thing to do.

Otherwise I just wanted to reply and congratulate you on actually being a decent human being and breaking off a relationship on nice terms.
>>
>>18041633
Also forgot to respond to your question OP

I definitely think It's something unfavorable to do, because of the whole "If you really love them you'll get over crushes" because everybody get crushes.

So if she gets offended over it, let her.

But that being said, as unfortunate and painful as it is, people change and well if you can't hold yourself back then don't hold yourself back, It's good that you did it in a nice way

Also, when you end a relationship, atleast in my way of going about things - It's over, you can do whatever you want *As long as you made it clear that Its over*

But as a courtesy thing I'd try to keep it on the down-low for a while you know like, don't upload pictures with your new love interest for a while or make it known that you're goin with other people to not hurt your soon to be ex.

Good luck!
>>
>>18040672
Look stay with them brah you only live once! You're definitely not going to find anyone else better than them because otherwise why would you have dated them and made a life with them if you weren't attracted to them, happy wife happy life!

Trust your instincts bro 4 years is a long time.........
Im kidding faggot quit annoying people with your shitty decisions that you regret in life, don't fuck unattractive pigs to begin with loser.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.