[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, am I already an alcoholic or just risking to become

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: alcoholic1.jpg (14KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
alcoholic1.jpg
14KB, 600x434px
Hey /adv/, am I already an alcoholic or just risking to become an alcoholic if I continue what I am doing already:

- I drink about 100 to 150 ml of alcohol each day (roughly 4-6 beers, half a bottle of vodka or a liter of wine).
- I don't drink in order to to get drunk, but just to relax in the evening. When I have the feeling that I have reached my "level", I stop and go to bed because I really hate hangovers, vomitting, black-outs and losing control over myself. I also never drink during day time, usually I start after 8PM.
- Not even my GF knows that I drink every day. Whenever we meet, I usually stay sober, but then I compensate the next evening by drinking even more than I would usually drink if I had not stayed absent from alcohol the night before.
- I hide alcohol in my appartment. I don't have any physical withdrawal symptoms yet when I don't drink, but it makes me feel extremely uncomfortable and somewhat nervous when I have to stay sober for more than one night in a row.
- It feels embarrassing to me to buy alcohol. I have the feeling that all cashiers who work in the shops around my home already know me from seeing.
- I have been drinking on an almost daily basis for 3 or 4 years now. In the past I drank much more (like a bottle of vodka on one evening for example), but now I don't do that anymore as I have a job.
- None of my friends thinks I am an alcoholic. When I drink with friends, they are just surprised that, no matter how much I drink, I just won't get drunk
>>
File: pepe (2).jpg (24KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
pepe (2).jpg
24KB, 251x242px
>I drink the equivalent of half a bottle of vodka a day, every day
>I hide it from everyone
>I'm ashamed of it
>I've done this for years
>am I an alcoholic?

Nah, anon, all of that is completely normal
>>
>>18040334
Back in the day that was normal. So was grabbing a shot and a beer on your lunch break from the mill. I know a few older guys who have 4-6 a day as their way of relaxing. They don't drive drunk, abuse their wives, or get hangovers. It becomes a problem once you get a DUI or wake up hungover every day.

I average around 4-6 a day. IMO the biggest problem is keeping your weight down from consuming 4-800 empty calories a day.
>>
>>18040334
Half a fifth isn't much. But the fact that it's vodka is pretty gross. Most actual alcoholics drink vodka.
>>
>>18040354
>IMO the biggest problem is keeping your weight down from consuming 4-800 empty calories a day.
That's like saying the biggest problem of smoking one pack a day is having yellow teeth.
>>
>>18040346
Asking if he's an alcoholic in itself is a sign of being an alcoholic. Most people that drink socially never even stop to think about this.
>>
>>18040334
bump
>>
>>18040334
You're an alcoholic, without any doubt.
>>
>>18040334
If you can't go without it then you're an alcoholic, regardless of quantity. Dependency is dependancy. Seek help.
>>
>>18040334
Just stop buying it.
Just
Stop
Buying
It

Never go in the store.
The problem in the US is that you have too many damn liquor stores so the stuff becomes to easy to get hold of.

Think like "Im going to save this money".

OP, im a fat ass, and i do the same with bread, candy and coke. Just never buy them.
It's hard to stay away compelely but even staying away from 50% is an improvement.

I eat LCHF for dinner every day when i can coock for myself. Food is much more accessible than alcohol so having a food addiction is a lot harder.

Even at my workplace, around cristmas there was candy lying around everywhere, fuck that shit. It was impossible not to fail.

Get away from environments where you have easy access to alcohol, consider switching jobs if you have to.
>>
>>18040334
op is an alcohol
>>
>>18040334
Here's my advice OP: just tell yourself you're going to stop drinking for a week and then see if you're able to do it. If you can go a week without touching booze you're not an alcoholic
>>
I think you should tell your girlfriend, man. I know you're ashamed, but I imagine it would be a lot easier to quit if you have someone supporting you.
>>
>>18040334
i did the same thing for a while. i thought i was hiding it from my girl but she knew, she just didnt say anything.

eventually it got to the point that it was a problem, had some health scares with my heart especially and i decided i had to stop. i went sober for a year and had anxiety attacks for months but got through it.

now im back to drinking again in moderation and doing alot better

anyway the point is, this shit can spiral out of control really easily, but you are the only one who can change it. end of the day youre only gonna change if you really want to, and that might mean pushing yourself to a wake up call moment, but its in your control
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.