[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

husband/father needs advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
Im a husband and father of 4 and dont know who else to ask anymore. Up until 3 weeks ago i was working day shift in the factory i work at which was fine up at 4 in bed by 8 my wife put herself on that schedule which was fine. To explain further this is the problem, she puts herself on my sleep scedule even though she is a stay at home mom. Anyway ive recently moved to nights where i get off arpund 11 get home 1145 after major shower, i grt blacker than night, eat and relax for maybe 20-30 minutes im in bed by 1-2 in the morning, and as usual my wife is puting herself on my schedule. The problem here is we have 4 boys, ages 6, 4, 2 , 1. Two of these kids are in school get on the bus a little after 7 in the morning. Its becomeing more prevelent wheres she not getting up to put them on the bus leaving me getting no sleep putting them on bus and staying up with pthet two boys who should not be left unattended. Even when she does put thrm on the bus she comes back to bed leaving thr baby in thr crib and the two year old to play on the phone until 11. I find this completly unacceptable but she thinks its fine and everyone would agree with her. She wont listen what do?
>>
Unfortunately I can't give advice because I'm not qualified, but for what it's worth, I totally agree with you.

There is little valid reason for her to adopt your sleep cycle. You are the sole breadwinner; it's extremely important for the whole family that you be able to get enough and good sleep. Surely she should realize that from a purely logical perspective. Further, as it seems you have adopted the traditional family model, looking after the kids is basically her 'job', and why she's doing right now is essentially not showing up to work on time.

Further, letting a 2 year old play on a smartphone is just way too much imo.
As for the 1 year old, the appropriateness of what she's doing is dependent on the baby's own sleep cycle.

It just doesn't make sense. I would wonder is there anything else going on, like with her health? Or maybe even emotions etc?

In terms of convincing her, maybe try talking to her mother or something? (Would depend on both yours and your wife's relationship with the mother in law)
>>
>>18040400
*smartphone for 4 hours every day
>>
>>18040400
there is always something going on emotionally or physically with her. most of the time i realise hey its not her fault but i think she wanta to keep herself in that spot. i jist dont know anymore. if i dont get sleep at my job i xould very easily slip up and lose a finger, hand, an arm, or even my life!
>>
>>18040311
I wonder if she's finding this stay-at-home mum thing difficult, plus also might want to spend some quality time with you while you're home? Does she know that you value her work at home etc? Maybe she doesn't feel important enough so she's trying extra hard to be a good wife to you (even at the expense of the children).

Sounds tough doing a job AND looking after the kids. My mother was much like the woman you describe, dad came first, children second. I was ALWAYS late to school because she'd be up at 5am for dad, and then sleeping until I'm late for school.

Anyway, she has mental health problems she won't address. I think it's codependency and enmeshment or something. I suspect her mental health needs help.
>>
She's a stay at home mom, that's kind of her job. I would feel right my husband going out and working his ass off every night and then having to get the kids up. If your kids are like mine at all, that's not always very easy.

She doesn't have to stray far from your schedule, but she can get up in the morning and let you sleep since, you know, you support the whole family.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.