[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to calm down properly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

I've asked how to stop overthinking here before, and got the advice to meditate, but when I went to look it up I only found stuff that is spiritual, and I simply want to clear my head.

Overthinking is having a big impact on me, in fact it's caused me to have some pretty severe depression. I can't get over stuff because it keeps coming in to my head and I can't get it out again.

Does anyone know what I should be doing to meditate properly? Or what I should do once I'm in a relaxed state? Thank you.
>>
Watch this please. It's not spiritual not mystical, it's highly practical and relatable.
Ajahnn Brahma is one cool dude.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=R2250qn8Hl0

I suggest you read up on meditation instructions by Jon Kabat Zinn . He's secular but incorporate Buddhist mindfulness for westerners. And he's great too, I think he did a Google talk once.

You should stay relaxed and maintain that level of relaxation. Everything is better when you're not stressed
>>
>>18040229
Thank you so much for replying, truth be told I've been struggling like mad today, I needed a good response.

I just want to be ok, but my mind gets in the way. Thanks again.
>>
Have you ever considered crystal gems? They're pretty cheap. You can get jewelry or just a stone and keep it in your pocket. They can be used for spiritual meditation but they don't have to.

I keep certain types on me because I hate myself and have anxiety and over think. Most crystals in general have a calming effect, but I've got and few favorites.

If you're interested in crystals let me know but I have other advice;

I know it's hard to contain the thoughts, but you need to have and designates worry period every day. If you're at work and have a thought, push it to the back of your mind. Wait until there's a time where you have an hour alone and just think away. Let it all out. I hope I've helped in SOME way....

"Here comes a thought that might alarm you
What someone said and how it harmed you
Something you did that failed to be charming
Things that you've said are suddenly swarming
You're losing thought, you're losing touch. All these little things seem to matter so much"

But just know you will be ok
>>
>>18040236

It happens and is completely normal.

Just take a step back, evrn laugh at yourself, you probably just need a good rest.

In the meantime , relaxation is key!
>>
>>18040244
You've helped me a lot, I'm very bad at taking a step back and just letting things go. I need someone to help me do this, and I think your advice will help me a lot. Thank you
>>
>>18040249
Thank you
>>
>>18040252

There are so many types of crystals it's unreal. I get a lot of them from amazon and I never pay more than $15 for a bracelet or neck lace and just a stone is maybe $6.

Rose quartz is one of the most popular crystals for a deep emotional healing and calming effect, and lepidolite helps with self-loathing. It's one of my favorite pairs. Crystals work by their own natural vibration so some of them may resonate differently for you, so some might not work as well. I'll give you a list of common gems for optimism, stress/anxiety relief and overthinking. I guess you can try to find a favorite

Rose quartz
Lepidolite
BLUE agate (blue variations of stones like agate and jasper are normally the most chill types. There are many different agate)
Citrine is known for bringing joy and optimism
Black tourmaline is good if you're having a panic attack; when you feel overwhelmed you can hold it and do your best to calm down (search worry stones you may find something for you)

Malachite I've never used because idk how well it'd work for me; it surfaces your issues, but it has a grounding effect so you can recognize your emotions clearly and sort them out the right way

I can't find Sardonyx myself, but it's good for personal strength and optimism as well.

Any other specific benefits you'd like? I wanna help you
>>
>>18040283
How do you use them? Simply by having them with you all day? I have never heard of them before.

I want you to help me too lol, I can't do this myself.
>>
File: garnet thumbs up.gif (314KB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
garnet thumbs up.gif
314KB, 371x209px
>>18040244
I see what you did there, anon
>>
>>18040288
don't bother with crystals
I don't get how you only found spiritual meditation bullshit? You must be lying or you barely searched. Mindfulness meditation is pretty popular and well-known nowadays.
just go on http://headspace.com they have 10 guided mindfulness meditation sessions for free and no you don't need to give credit card details to access it or some shit
>>
>>18040288
It's an object of mediation in practice

A self induced placebo that b having these crystals your worries will go away. Of course you just created than condition in your head. It works if you condition yourself enough.

Though it's dangerous to rely on external objects for internal peace.
>>
>>18040288

Yes, just keep them with you. Some need to have direct contact with skin. Natural crystals have their own vibration (beware of fakes, I read reviews to make sure people say it's worked and not just how pretty it is) and the vibration resonates with your own. Eventually it'll sync together and you will feel a shift in your moods. I keep bracelets but I'm a girl and don't care if it's bright pink, which is why of there's and prettier stone for you just keep and crystal in your pocket. Crystals for anxiety absorb negative energy, so you'd have to clean them once a month. Just rinse them off and early in the resume day let them get sunlight. Idk how that works but you cant see energy so I just do it.. lol. But I can feel a difference.

Even if you don't believe it I bet if you buy one you'd believe me. Stones with a point to it you can actually feel the stream of energy if you point it towards the palm of your hand. Beads you will feel it over time.
>>
>>18040297
Why would I lie lmfao, I searched for "meditation to calm you down" or something along those lines.

Thanks for the link though, I'll take a look.
>>
>>18040300
Please don't believe this person and their woo science. Crystals are just shiny rocks. Nothing more. People like this are why modern science struggles to push forward.
>>
>>18040299
Do you suggest I use them then?

I presume you're not the same person as >>18040300?

I am a bit sceptical about it because I have never believed in spirituality or religion etc. I'd prefer a "traditional" method.

Also, I have been to therapy once, and it helped a bit, but I haven't organised to go back. Do you think it's worth going back to?
>>
>>18040305
Yeah that route is not for me, I am a scientific person, it just doesn't work for me.
>>
>>18040294

Lmfaooo. That song helps me when I'm at my wit's end. It speaks to my panic attacks
>>
>>18040306

That's not the same as me. I use crystals. There is no way to scientifically prove it but I can say that I went to a friend and told him to hold out his hand and I let him feel the energy without telling me what it was. He said, "damn that made my soul cold" lmfao.

I suggest you try, because I have very deep problems and I think they help. You can physically feel the energy after a while with beaded jewelry.

I mean, if you're desperate enough to feel better, what would it hurt to spend $5 on a pointed crystal and see for yourself?
>>
>>18040319
Can you link me to somewhere where you got it? I'll take a look.
>>
>>18040306
>>18040319

Alsooo, I'm not spiritual or religious in any shape or form, but you cannot deny that energy exists in all kinds (if not ALL) different objects and animals. Energy is only transformed and transfers and never goes away. I will never deny that the flow of nature exists. I'm just letting you know what's been helping me walk with my head held high as well as my middle finger to everything that brings me down
>>
Electrical engineer here, spent the electromagnetic waves class making fun of people who use crystals. They are a self induced placebo, wish I was stupid enough to believe that bullshit or relax enough to meditate.
>>
>>18040327

Then tell me the stream you feel when you use please? Surely you'd know since somehow you've scientifically disproven it

Not being snarky but I would like to hear

Also

>>18040321
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011NU8LQU/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_1?colid=1RBP60Z3BJK4W&coliid=I2HH99AIDK2GRQ&vs=1#immersive-view_1486831721889

Amazon has brands on there with genine stones. I mainly buy from Amandastones and Justinstones. They do have some fake ones though, but they'll be listed as fake. You can find them in headshops or just anywhere
>>
Explain the high you feel when youre about the have sex
>>
>>18040336

A little like this
>>
>>18040336
Are you talking to the OP?
>>
>>18040297
This is great, Headspace really worked for me. I feel much calmer just from the first session. Thank you:)
>>
>>18040210
Just download Calm (Android) and follow the tutorial. It's practical meditation.
>>
>>18040543
Thanks
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.