[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studying and shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: wallhaven-468929.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-468929.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
18 y/o, freshman at university.

Mostly my trouble is that I lack self-discipline and as I have recently noticed that my peers are far ahead of me -- they are disciplined and well-adjusted individuals, speaking about studying, most of them have that robotic handwriting and they manage to ace their exam. Essays are thoroughly done and complex, concetration at its highest point, etc. I think I failed to develop that ability while studying in high school. Now I do fail horribly compared to others, despite the fact I passed everything, blaming myself all the time. I fell into the pit of that attitude and I think I just can't get out of it.

Any advice?
>>
Try to get better now? Where are you studying?
>>
>>18040511
Russia. I study CS, getting mostly C. What I tend to notice is that my group mates make decisions and figure things out much, much faster than me, be it lectures or routine tasks, essays, and at first it made me furious, then completely apathetic. Takes three fucking hours to do linear algebra homework, meanwhile it should've been done in thirty minutes or even less.
>>
I need help with this too. My situation is a little different, (britfags will get what I'm talking about) I aced my gcse's with A* and zero effort. I conditioned myself to think I was a God and didn't need to try. Now I've got my final A level exams in 4 month and I'm behind a years worth of work.
>>
Develop a routine, cut out all distractions.
Get up at the same time every day, shower and get dressed, have breakfast, get to work. Disable WiFi at home, turn off your phone. If possible, study away from home. Don't sit on your bed, it should be for sleeping only. Get a good rest every night, your brain needs it.
In the long run, start earlier, review notes you took in class and take your time to do homework and other exercises properly. Maintain a healthy sleep schedule, exercise your body, take breaks and time for your friends to come down and stay sane.

It's difficult and we all fail some days. If that happens, get back up and try again. Remember how bad you want this and what an opportunity this is for you. Visualize success and failure.

If you still struggle, check your surroundings and the people in your life, also your mental health. Are you even in a good place to study? Is your life set to focus on studying? If necessary, cut out people who harm you, your habits, your success.

Hope that helps.
>>
>>18040944
Based anon.
If you had a dick, I'd suck it.

It's ya boi large procrastinator, signing out.
>>
>>18040944
Thank you, based anon.
>>
>>18040989
>>18042118
You're welcome.
Took me some time to figure this out to this extend. Everyone keeps telling you at least some of those things. However, no one wants to accept that there is no easy fix to their problems. As with everything else you've got to put in the work.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.