[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get fired for getting hurt on the job?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1485278684816.jpg (77KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1485278684816.jpg
77KB, 1024x768px
>Hit my head last Monday on 1/30/17 on metal overhang coming out of back of vehicle at work
>Tell manager
>Fill out incident report
>Manager asks if I want to see doc.
>I say, I will see how I feel in a few days
>Headaches, nausea, neck pain, forgetfulness and deterioration of balance gets worse
>Ask to see doc. (manager is okay with it)
>Try to see doc. on Fri. (2/3/17), (they need med. insurance number from work, which manager doesn't have on hand)
>Wait to see doctor today on 2/11/17
>Doctor tells me I have a pretty serious concussion, tells me to take a week off from work
>Worried since I have work tom.

Can I lose my job over getting hurt on the job?

I would go back to work, but my head is constantly killing me, along with the dizziness and nausea makes it almost unbearable.
>>
Are you a good person?
>>
>>18039588

I'm a hard worker, if that's what you mean. All my co-workers like me.
>>
No you shouldn't lose your job. Accidents happen and people have time off due to sickness or injury. You've filled out an incident form so it is on record. You've visited the doctor and the doctor has advised you to take the time off. It is like the most legit time off ever.

Could they fire you? Yeah. People can still be complete dicks, uncertainty in life regarding situations outside of our control is one of those constant anxieties.
>>
>>18039562
Your boss doesnt seem like a dick, call and explain, get a note and see where it goes.

On a side not OP, whenever you file an incident report at work, no matter how minor, you have to go to a doctor that day or they will fuck you anally and you lose much credibility (legal stand point)
>>
>>18039740

I was just trying to be reasonable and not be a bother to them.
>>
This depends heavily on what country (or part of that country) you're in. If you're in a civilized nation, there should be institutions that can give you advice regarding these things.
I'm pretty sure here (western european country) if a person becomes invalid (not able to work due to work accident), there are given procedures that have to be followed, and simply firing the person would be highly illegal.
>>
>>18039609
>>18039588

That's a good sign that your manager might be comfortable stepping on you like a bug. Especially if you're confusing being nice with being a doormat.
>>
>>18039562

Depends on the country you live in, how exactly your head was hit (were you looking where you were going? Was the vehicle moving or being operated by someone other than you? Was the metal overhang supposed to be there? Were you wearing a high-vis jacket?)

Essentially you need to question everything to determine fault.
If the company is at fault, they're gonna cater the fuck out of you to prevent you from suing (after investigating the incident).
If you're at fault, chances are you're fucked.
If another employee is at fault, they're fucked.

Look, call them up, tell them what the doctor said and that you need time off.
If they bother you, get a union rep.

You can lose your job, but if the issue is their fault you can sue the fuck out of them for not providing a safe working environment, wrongful termination, emotional damages, and backpayment for however long you were fired for, as well as getting your job back.

Companies are fucking stupid though to be honest. They'll do whatever they want if they think they can get away with it, and then end up having no defence in court. Companies suck in court. They use their size an an intimidation factor and nothing more.

Shit, my company actually caught someone stealing, fired him. He took them to a tribunal and they didn't even show up so he automatically won because the judge was pissed off with the company for not even showing up. The company had to hire an actual, confessed thief back and no one even bothers him anymore in case it looks like harassment.
>>
>>18039562
you can't get fired for this

also your work should cover the med expenses (worker's comp)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.