[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My bf is too intense about our relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (8KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 263x192px
We're very young- I'm 18 and he's 20, and we've been together for a couple of years (since I was 15). We were each other's firsts, etc. etc. and we've helped each other through a lot.

However, lately he's been very clingy, as well as showering me in "I want us to start a family/I'll love you forever" etc, etc. It makes me a bit uncomfortable, because a) I'm really not in the headspace or age to think about family and b) I don't know if our life trajectories are really aligned.

I'm very ambitious and, if I get the marks I need (I'm in my final year of high school) want to be a human rights lawyer. On the other hand, he's not very ambitious, barely scraped through year 12 and is going to a crap university to essentially fill time.

Is there anyway to hint to him that he's getting too intense, and that it's kind of freaking me out, without a) hurting him or b)leaving him?
>>
Bump. Please help.
>>
Well you are too young. Its time to be direct and honest.
>>
It's not that he's too intense it's that you see yourself, rightfully or not, as better than him. If he were on a good path and if you saw him as someone you must hold on too then your thread would be

>My bf isn't making a move
>We've been together for 5 years already and we've been through a lot
>we were each other's firsts and we're both working on our career
>he's amazing and studying really hard to be a surgeon and i'm working on being a human rights lawyer
>he mentioned having a family and loving me together but he isn't pulling the trigger
>he hasn't proposed yet or even given some hint of why he hasn't
>should I pressure him or leave it be? is he planning something? it's kinda freaking me out

Don't feel bad, it's ok to be a cunt at 18, completely natural. Instead of thinking how it will be though look at what it currently is.

You are NOT a humans rights lawyer and he is NOT a failure. You both might be these things in the future but you are not now. If you want to move on and think pasture is greener on the other side, go right ahead dear but be honest about it and accept the outcomes, good or bad, as entirely yours and of your own making.
>>
>18039476
Oh? then what do I say?
>>
>>18039496
It's really not the lack of job and stuff. He has a job. I'm just finding the talk about babies really scary. I'd find that scary whoever it was coming from.
>>
>>18039418
This person has no ambition and he will always be holding you back. You just have to decide if you like the relationship enough to be held back.
>>
>>18039506
Well that will change soon if you're patient. Look up biological clock, it should start ticking pretty soon and you'll be dying for babies then. What you can do is use the time off you need as a way to motivative him.

>I really love you too but how would you take care of a family? If you really want these children then prove it, work harder, make a good income so that we can actually raise them, so that we can actually afford it.

Should buy you a few years and by that time you'll REALLY want some fucking kids.
>>
>>18039418
You've got a guy who really loves you and wants to start a family with you, it scares you now but you'll want this a little bit later on in life. Just tell him that you're too young for babies right now. As far as your careers, I don't see why it would matter unless A.) You/He don't/doesn't want you to be making more money than him or B.) He is actively getting in the way of you reaching your goals.

If you doubt his ability to provide for you and a child in the future if he needed to, do what >>18039540 said and motivate him to strive for more than he's currently doing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.