[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this normal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I've always known I'm not normal, but it seems like I'm further from normal than I thought. I would like to mention a few things about me and my life to help you understand me a little better. And with it you might help me to see if this is normal or if I have some kind of autism or something.

When I was about 10 years old (currently 26) a psychologist made us a test at school to see how we felt about things. For example, how we felt about homeless people, how we felt about helping people in need, how we felt about this kind of people, etc, everything with a scale from 1 to 5 where 1 was disagree, 5 was agree and 3 was indifferent. I filled it honestly, but I noted that I put too many 3s, a few 4s and 2s, but most of them were 3s. I thought maybe that's just like everyone but then I gave it to him and he wanted to talk with me about it and asked if I was just joking because apparently nobody is indifferent about almost everything.

With the years, I made very few friends, the few friends I have are good ones, but I also have made a lot of enemies. Not that I'm seeking them, but for some reason I have that something that makes people dislike me even if I haven't done anything to them. This happened during school and highschool, not so much on college, but it keeps happing sometimes during job interviews. Even if they don't tease me, people just would rather not having to deal with me. An example of this, I worked in a cruise a couple years ago, I was the new guy and I tried to be as friendly as possible. I made a couple friends and people to talk a little to, but two weeks later another new guy came and he became friends with everyone and everyone liked him way better than me. He did it in one day and I struggled to get them to like me for two weeks.

[Continue in next post]
>>
I remember that when I had to write down things I like I usually wrote "to travel" because I thought it was interesting, but then I asked my mom what was fun about it. I have traveled to some places, but I really don't feel anything about it, I don't find it special.

Speaking of which. When I was a kid I asked my mom about love. I didn't ask why nobody liked me, I asked what does it feel to love because I don't feel anything and I wanted to know how do I know that I love someone. She gave me a simple-ass answer for kids.

Then there's the topic of girlfriends. I have never had one, not even a first kiss. My parents even thought I was gay, but I'm not, I just have never been attractive, charismatic or rich enough to get anyone to like me, not that I've liked that many girls either. The weird thing about this is that I seriously don't understand how women love men. I really can't understand it. I can understand if a man is good looking and a good person overall, but I see bad guys with girls and I just can't understand how girls can like people like that. Currently I like one of my students, she's my age, but last week I was thinking about it and today I decided to not do anything and just wait until I get over it. I know it sounds bad, but there's no reason for her to be with me so I just won't make it awkward for both of us.

Now, I have a friend whose mom has cancer. He keeps talking about that and I help him with everything I can. I know I have to care about my friends and everyone knows that I'm someone who cares about people. But the truth is I don't. I don't care about him or his mom, nor I care about any of my friends. I only think that I have to care and that's why I do it, but I don't really feel any kind of worry about anyone. I congratulate people for the things the accomplish, but I don't feel any kind of joy or sadness for them. Is this normal or do I have some kind of autism?

tl;dr: I don't feel anything
>>
Do you have a big problem with it?
I don't think it's bad, it might not be "normal" as compared to everybody around you, but I actually think that not feeling a lot is a great thing.

Dunno about the autism, probs gotta see a professional for that bro.
>>
>>18039176
>>18039187

ITT: OP tries to convince us hes a sociopath

you're not. you care more tha nyou realize, you are just more of an in the moment kind of guy.

imagine if you will someone who goes and hangs out wiht friends, and he has a good time and things are great.

then he goes home, and he gets lonely, then he gets sad, then he goes on myspace and talks about how he is so fucking sad and he just can't handle it anymore and that hes ALWAYS depressed and that he just puts on fake smiles for his friends.

its not true. he thinks thats true cuz in the moment he doesn't feel anything but that sadness. so the sadness must be everything.
>>
>>18039202

i dont know man, i know i said autism but doesn't it sound a bite bateman?
>>
>>18039202
>Do you have a big problem with it?
Not really, I live with that, but I worry this would be a problem as I get older.

>>18039206
>you're not. you care more tha nyou realize, you are just more of an in the moment kind of guy.
Maybe.

I don't understand the rest you said. I get some people get lonely even if they have a lot of friends around them, but I don't see how that's applicable to what I said.

>>18039210
This guy is not me.
>>
>>18039228

>i dont understand the rest of what you said.

it was a more noticeable example to show you what you're doing.

right now you're sitting down and not doing anything. you feel apathetic, indifferent. therefore you must ALWAYS feel indifferent!

thats how your brain works. but when you're actually with your friends you do care. or when you actually see a homeless guy, you do feel sad.

but when you're hadned a piece of paper askign you to measure how much you care, you feel indifferent.

its kind of like when you're in love and you assume you will always feel this way because of how strong the feeling is. but in reality you get over it.
>>
>>18039241
That's a good theory, but it's not completely my case. I know me, I do have feelings and I'm not indifferent towards everything, but my feelings are just not very strong.
>>
>>18039253

thats fine, but to say you just dont care about your friend or his cancerous mom is an exaggeration.

like you said, you feel, just not very strongly. and thats fine.

>i know me

so says everyone, but they are often blind to how their emotions control them.
>>
>>18039260
>but to say you just dont care about your friend or his cancerous mom is an exaggeration.
I'm serious about that one. My friend is really a crybaby and I always open the door when he needs to talk to someone or when he needs help, but now he got a job that takes most of his time and I don't miss him on the slightest, nor to any of my friends who all happen to live far from me. I know his mom, but I'm not attached to her or anything, I only tell my friend that things are going well and that she will recover from this, but I seriously don't care if she dies or not, is just that I have to be a good friend and pretend I care. Hell, I even asked my friend how was she doing the other day, he didn't reply but I don't care, I did my part.
>>
OP, not interesting. this is a waste of a thread.
>>
>>18039305
Sorry for not being a clown.
>>
>>18039310
>le detachment meme
What do you want us to tell you?
>>
>>18039282
Okay, imagine this scenario with your own mom then: Do you think you would feel the same way? Very different? Slightly different?
>>
>>18039338
Nothing, really. I just wanted to tell my story and read a few thoughts about it.

>>18039351
With my mom it would be different, of course, but my friend's mom is not my mom. I understand why he feels how he feels, that doesn't mean I have to share his feeling.
>>
>>18039372
I guess you don't have a high level of empathy (or maybe none at all) and don't invest yourself into things as much as other people do or potentially can.
These are non-issues and as I said before, can even be good things.
>>
>>18039385
That works. I feel empathy, but on very specific situations.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.