[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not 100% why my friend lies to me...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I'm 27 and have this 24 year old female friend in grad school
>Not looking to date her, we have a lot in common but she has personality issues that would make a relationship last about a week, plus she is dating someone else.

She is a great person to hangout with, and I know she genuinely cares about me. She sends me I Miss you texts, bakes me food, and comes over to my apartment at least 3 times a week to hangout.

However she tends to lie to me, especially when she wants to cancel plans with me. This exact scenario has happened at least 10 times in the past month
>She texts me asking if I want to hangout
>I agree, we set a time
>Time comes along, she doesn't show and no text
>I text her if we are still hanging out
>Usually when she wants to cancel I get a response saying I'm sick or going to bed

However, she has a friend who basically documents her life on snapchat. Everytime she says she is sick or going to bed, I get a snapchat from her friend showing them out partying or something.

Last night I got particularly annoyed
>Asks to hangout
>Doesn't show
>SHE sends me a snapchat of herself out at some bar with a friend
>I text her asking if she is going to show up
>Sorry, I'm not feeling well and just got out of bed

I really don't care if she wants to cancel plans on me to hangout with someone else, I just don't really know why she has to lie about her excuse.
>>
>I really don't care if she wants to cancel plans on me to hangout with someone else
The thing is, most people do. You may be okay with it, but SHE doesn't know that. She's stupid, but it doesn't sound like she's purposely trying to hurt your feelings.
>>
OP here, figure I'd just not let it bother me
>>
>>18038907
I had a friend like that, Monica.
She feeds off of attentiongiving orbiters. It was literally like blood for a vamipre.

Don't bother, its not something you can fix, it is something rooted deeeep down within her psyche. The friendship is just going to be a backburner 'bored as fuck, lets meet up' spontaneity-bound sort of thing. Basically, expect nothing and/so you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>18039131
Seconding this.
>>
Bumping again.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.