[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fuck /fit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: rsz_how_to_gain_weight_for_men.jpg (26KB, 484x252px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_how_to_gain_weight_for_men.jpg
26KB, 484x252px
I recently just started consuming a large amounts of daily calories to gain weigh. It has only been 3 weeks.

I see a little process but nothing to noticeable.

my question is, when should I be hitting the gym? Should I wait until I gain enough weight?
>>
/fit/ here who doesn't browse /fit/

What's your current height/weight? How active is your daily life/work? How many calories are you consuming and what are the macros like? Counting calories and proper nutrition is crucial to proper weight gain. Oh and it takes time to put on weight correctly. If you're putting on more than 1-2 pounds a week you're doing it wrong. I'd say for most people .5 pounds a week is more achievable if you want to put on good weight.

You should be hitting the gym now.
>>
File: 1486248414020.png (29KB, 735x668px) Image search: [Google]
1486248414020.png
29KB, 735x668px
>>18038763
to gain muscle you gotta workout and eat a certain amount of calories retard. If you just eat you're just gonna get fat.
>>
>>18038763
I like that chart. He didn't realize he had a really handsome face so he could have stopped midway and stopped there. Most of /fit/ and /soc/ really.
>>
>>18038763
You should already be hitting the gym if you are eating a calorie surplus. Lifting will increase your appetite.
>>
>>18038784
>not wanting to get stronger and stronger
>not wanting to join the 1,000 lb club

Stopping is for babies.
>>
>>18038780
5'9, 125lb

1000 calories from shake in the morning,
about 1000 calories from meals in the day (I just eat chik fil a and chipotle)
1000 calories from shake in the afternoon

so about 3k calories

what are macros??

>If you're putting on more than 1-2 pounds a week you're doing it wrong
why?
>>
>>18038808
3,000 calories is a lot. I know because that's how much I eat everyday. You really should be working out now or you're going to start getting fat regardless of your macro breakdown. I don't know how active your daily life is but I doubt it burns that many calories. Your current BMR (how many calories you should be consuming to maintain) is roughly 1,600 calories. So you're on a 1,400 calorie surplus lol. Typically it's good to start with about a 500-700 surplus but if you can handle 3,000 calories a day then keep it up but hit the gym immediately.

Macros are proteins, carbs, and fats. It's what makes up all the calories in you food. Of course there's different kinds of carbs, complex and simple, but complex carbs are better for you because among other things they provide you with lasting energy throughout the day. Things like oats, rice, beans, etc are good carbs. You should be eating lean meats mostly like chicken breasts, turkey, and pork. Eat good fats from things like nuts and avocados. Peanut butter is great. It's fattening, but the good kind, and has lots of calories and a little bit of protein.

Your macros should be like 50/30/20, 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fats. If you want to gradually gain weight and not just get fat.

If you're putting on more than 2 pounds a week it's mostly going to become fat. As a beginner in the gym you aren't going to be utilizing that caloric surplus to it's fullest. Plus if you were gaining 2+ pounds a week you'd have to eat like 4,000 calories a week and not do anything. I did say 3,000 is a lot but it's not enough to put on 2+ pounds a week if you're eating properly.
>>
>>18038846
>4,000 calories a day
not a week...
>>
>>18038846
>I don't know how active your daily life is but I doubt it burns that many calories

Mainly walking long distances across campus, and I do a tiny bit of dancing alone in my room.
enough to make me sweat

ok so i should be hitting the gym right away? got it
What equipment do I use at the gym?

the few times i went there I just did one set on each machine that related to abs and chest
>>
>>18038869
Walking doesn't really burn any calories. Neither does running for that matter.

Do a little bit of research before you hit the gym. There's literally thousands of resources on the internet, but keep in mind some of it's wrong and some of it doesn't work for everyone. Check out Buff Dudes and Scott Herman on youtube. Buff Dudes is pretty entertaining yet informative. Scott Herman is good too. Both of them have websites also that provide workouts. Dumbbells are a good go to for beginners, and even intermediates, and you can do a lot of different exercises with them. For example, you don't need to do barbell bench presses for a bigger chest. Dumbbell bench press is actually better since it gives you more activation in the chest since you have a greater range of motion.

Getting fit is a constant work in progress and education. Always be trying to learn. Most importantly stay focused and set achievable goals. Don't create high expectations you're likely to fail because it will just make lose motivation. Lastly leave the ego outside. There's nothing wrong with starting with light weights. Proper form is important to prevent injury and to actually get activation in the muscles you're targeting.
>>
>>18038901
got it, thanks man

in a few posts youve been many times more helpful than /fit/ was in like 5 threads.
>>
>>18038784
exactly. You don't get big for pussy. You get big to conquer other men. Pussay just a side effect
>>
>fuck /fit/
>doesn't do what /fit/ says

Why the fuck are you getting fat /before/ going to the gym? Hahaha nigga you got it wrong
>>
>>18038846
bless your heart for being this patient
>>
You didn't read the sticky, did you now
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.