[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stressed Introvert surrounded by Extroverts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: c0b.jpg (36KB, 680x962px) Image search: [Google]
c0b.jpg
36KB, 680x962px
I'm an introvert who works with a ton of extroverts. Said extroverts were the kind of people that would bully me in highschool and avoid me in college. I've since changed my persona and image so that you wouldn't think I'm a closet nerd, but of course, I am one at heart.

Recently I was surprised they invited me to get drinks and go to the movies (50 Shades) with them. Confused, I said that I wasn't able to tonight, but I appreciated it.

Right now I'm kicking myself for not going. I feel like I'm ostracizing myself, and now they won't invite me to anything again or think I'm being rude. It wasn't exactly a movie I wanted to see to begin with really. They're all married women and I just feel so different from them.

Am I beating myself up over nothing or do I really have a problem?
>>
>Wanting to hang out and watch 50 shades with a bunch of fucking married women

You make the right choice OP.
>>
The right choice depends on your objective... Do you wish to befriend them? Then that wasn't the best choice... Do you wish to just do what you want? Then it was!

You see, right and wrong are veeery relative.

I myself was an introvert for long, now a days i'm quite talkative and expressive. I wouldn't pass those oportunities, like the one you had, because my goal was to open up!

So think about your goal. Are you fine being an introvert? I used to be, but then one time I realized I wanted to change...

But anyways, I do think you are beating yourself to hard for something that isn't so big. I do believe you should beat yourself just a little bit if you want to open up; but I don't think you should if you wish remain an introvert.
>>
>>18038539
Also forgot to mention im a woman, if this changes context.
>>
>>18038549
I don't think it does... I'd just add from "befriend them" to "befriend or date them" on my post above the one you said you're a woman.

But in this condition, it's a lot more likely for you to be invited again. Speccially if you are attractive.
>>
>>18038549
Thanks anon. Maybe I'll invite them to lunch next week.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.