[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does being a father get any better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Will I ever actually love my kid? He is almost three months old and I don't have any feelings or emotions for him, I guess I see him as a top tier difficulty level pet to be honest.
My parents physically abused me and committed suicide together when I was five. I was in the infantry for four years and killed an iraqi kid in '03.

Needless to say I am pretty callous and hollow inside. My wife is understanding of this, or used to be. She doesn't understand why I didn't change into a fruit gusher of love and happy emotion when she gave birth. I think she thought the baby was going to change me. It hasn't.
Does this get better, how can I work to build a feely emotional relationship with the baby. thanks for reading.
>>
It did for me. I wasn't in your life situation but to me my kids were just pooping machines. My youngest is now 4. Honestly i couldn't see any future without him.

Im a terrible person and it is because I see the world that way. But i don't want him to see it like i do. I will protect him as much as i can but one day he will see it like we do.

Put up a front. Teach him real life. Not this 4chan life of everything sucks and everything lets you down stuff. Please, for our kids sake, show your child the way
>>
>>18038492
stop making excuses for being an ass, your aware that you're being a bad parent and husband so you can change it. having a shot childhood is no excuse for treating your child badly. I was beat and raped as a child but I still love my kids and care for them without being a resentful ass. you sound like a weak little bitch that wants to wallow in you poor potty me act. your on 4chan talking shit on a tiny 3 month old baby, that's pretty pathetic. man up and stop pittying yourself for your past and using it as an excuse to be a pice of shit
>>
Man oh man. I'm pretty sexist already on account of absorbing tumblrina shit.

So I always suspect that fathers, who have no obvious biological trigger to start caring about their own child, can never love children. Fuck.

Thanks for the pain op
>>
>>18038631
Way to shit on a victim of abuse and trauma.
You even managed to make this about your feelings. Fuck man, try being a better person okay?
>>
>>18038492
You know that counseling will help, right?

You did not have the benefit of a great parenting experience. Get some help.

Also, your child will become a person so lovable that you will not be able to imagine having these doubts.

Still, get help to be your best you.
>>
>>18038654
It's not gonna help, babies are fucking gross

He just needs to focus on work and avoid coming home until late when everyone's asleep and repeat that for a few years until it can actually talk
>>
What the fuck is this self pity circlejerk? > woe is me im terrible boohoo!
Nigger how you gonna come on adv and ask some anon to tell you what youre gonna feel. Threads like these piss me off so much holy fucking shit I feel bad for your kiddos, not because you are self diagnosed sociopaths but because youre immature retards.
>>
I'm sorry for what happened when you were five, but you've not five now. Your life isn't about you anymore it's about your kid. What's happened to you has no doubt happened before and probably will happen to someone eventually. Just think about what kind of father your kid will make with a parental figure such as you.

People can be victims of class, genes, biology, or sheer bad-luck. I'm not even trolling, but shitty parenting is a cycle that produces shitty people. You didn't have a good start and it's fucking horrible what you were dealt, but now you've brought another life into the world because society doesn't condone selective sterilization.

Change has to begin with you, anon. A kid can't raise a kid. Good luck.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.