[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

company problem idk lol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1466314025158.png (693KB, 588x780px) Image search: [Google]
1466314025158.png
693KB, 588x780px
A company is paying me money to deposit money to their "supplier". This is kinda sketchy, but I need the money. There was no interview or training or real application. They emailed me and asked me for my information and said they'll give me $x/week. Why would a company do this? I don't know how long this job will last yet, but I'm thinking about just keeping the money if this is it, though I'm worried I could get into shit since they have my info. They seem like a legit company when you google them, but I don't think I should give the name out. I'm just really curious as to what motives a company would have to do this since it seems like they're losing a significant fraction of their money hiring people to deposit money for them
>>
There seems to be no benefit to them, except being able to say that they 'technically' didn't do anything wrong if something goes wrong. I suggest that if you're going to go through with this that you keep copies of any and all correspondence with them.

That said, I'd suggest even more to not do this and get a job.
>>
>>18038434
It could be a legit company, but doing "illegitimate" under the table things.
>>
>>18038434
How are you being paid?
>>
Thanks, guys. I'm just looking for more info about it because I want to quit, but it's a lot of money, and I just moved here so I don't have an actual job yet, but I have 2 interviews coming up. I'll definitely keep track/a record of everything since it's all through text
>>
>>18038465
they sent me a check through the mail. told me i keep a portion of it, and i go deposit the rest of it for them
>>
>>18038478
That is so freaking dodgy I don't even
>>
>>18038478
Yeah something has to be going on they don't want someone to find out.lol
I'd say keep it going until you get yourself a good legit job, so you atleast have some sort of income coming in
>>
you are gonna get scammed

probably when the bank investigates the checks you'll have to return the money, and you'll be on the hook for the portion that your "employer" took as well
>>
>>18038494
>>18038434

Do Not Be A Victim of a Check Scam

Has someone asked you to deposit checks for them into your account and then wire them the money minus your commission?

https://www.bmoharris.com/us/about/security-center/scams-what-to-watch-for/dont-be-a-victim-of-check-scam
>>
>>18038478
LOL

Prepare your anus you dumb mother fucker. If you gave them your debit card info you'll be royally fucked and at best just pay thousands back and not jailed.

Good luck.

Google "reddit check fraud" and enjoy the read.

"OMG FREE MONEY"
- Every idiot ever
>>
You dumb bitch.
>>
>>18038502

doesn't matter if he gave the scammers his info
bank is going to take the money out of his account

gg op you fucked up
>>
alright, since it seems like i might be FUCKED, the company's name is Teksystems. tell me about them if you know them
>>
>>18038434
Sounds like you're laundering money for them. This fucking trick is old, how stupid are you?
>>
here is the information they have:
NAME:

PHYSICAL CONTACT ADDRESS (NOT PO BOX)

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP CODE:

D.O.B:

MOBILE (Must be able to receive text) :

PERSONAL EMAIL:

CURRENT JOB:
>>
>>18038510

seems like a legit company, but are you sure they are who you say they are?
I mean if they just e-mailed you they could be anyone.

you';re probably fucked though
>>
i know it's fucking retarded guys. but I just started uni and my parents aren't helping me out much and i haven't been able to find a job so i NEED money to pay my rent.
>>
>>18038515
How did this seem like a good idea at all?

>>18038519
I feel for you, I really do, no worse feeling than being scammed and especially being scammed where you not only lose your shit but get a criminal record.

But really, no fucking jobs? McDonalds too bad for you? Retard handler jobs too bad for you? Old people home too bad for you? Factory too bad for you? Agency work too bad for you? No jobs? You're in a uni city and you're going to tell people there's NOTHING you could find hombre?
>>
>>18038524
yeah, i really regret it now. i honestly knew that they were doing something sketchy but was like there's no way I'd get in trouble, I'm just moving a small amount of money around and i could blame the company if shit goes wrong. i didn't think of the possibility of getting scammed though I'm not sure if they have enough info to do that. however now i realize that i could potentially get into shit for depositing $1000 to some random account and showing the bank my ID
>>
>>18038542

i'd go and tell the bank ASAP , maybe the police too
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-10-18-22-27.png (278KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-10-18-22-27.png
278KB, 1440x2560px
>>18038558
I'm considering it. Dumb question: how should I contact the police, 911?

Also, sometimes it seems like they're speaking shit English but other times, it's normal. Can someone find out about this number?
>>
>>18038575

911 is for emergencies. look for a number for your local station or just go there in person.
>>
File: 2056-Twisted_Face_Large_lg.jpg (35KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
2056-Twisted_Face_Large_lg.jpg
35KB, 450x337px
>>18038513
This. This. Oh, yeah, and fucking this.

>>18038434
But really as to why exactly there can be a variety of reasons. Mostly (what comes to mind) it's commonly used tax evasion both domestic and foreign or wiring a part of a tunnel of funds to terrorist or paramilitary groups. Those are just some extremes of what comes to mind! So many numerous reasons why this kind of "work" is done that I'mma gonna be thinking about them for the rest of the night.
Anyway, you should be careful of such employment - pending on the structure and it's purpose you can be used as a patsy for criminal investigation so they can get lost before the focus even gets close to them.
>>
>>18038885
Thanks man. I think I'm going to go see the police, and hopefully I don't have to pay back the 1000 i deposited for them. Here's the thing though. They're giving $500 for only $2350. Sounds like they're losing a LOT of money, and it can't possibly be worth it. I think they're going to do some bullshit way to get their money back. And what's stopping the people people from just keeping all the money? I hate that I stop thinking like a dumbass after i do part of their shit job, i was just really desperate for money
>>
>>18038911
they will probably empty out your bank account at some point. the cops will definitely make you hand over any money you received from them and possibly freeze your accounts. I would just go talk to the cops. tell them your kind of nieve and thought this was some great thing but quickly realized something fishy was going on. I'd play a little dumb like your just some kid and didn't realize it was illegal at first then as soon as you did you went straight to the cops.
>>
>>18038434
It's a con. Here's what happens.

They send you a check. You deposit it in your account and then write your own check to their "supplier." It works a couple of times. Then they send you a check that bounces, but you've already sent your check and it was cashed. You're screwed.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.