[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to a new city at 18

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ktxxvl51pf8y.jpg (60KB, 540x416px) Image search: [Google]
ktxxvl51pf8y.jpg
60KB, 540x416px
I'm planning to move to a new city (I'm 18) as I potentially have a good job coming up. It pays around £19,000 a year, which isn't much but it is ok for a first proper job.

This isn't in the near future but I have quite a lot of worries about it:
- How will I make friends? Obviously work is potentially a place but I will definitely be the youngest there.
- Will relationships be possible? How do I meet girls?
- What do I do to manage money?

I know these questions might be kind of stupid, but I'm not really sure what to do. I like to plan ahead, so it's important to me these things are sorted before I move. Thank you.
>>
File: 564791199_fe14f82dfb.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
564791199_fe14f82dfb.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>How will I make friends? Obviously work is potentially a place but I will definitely be the youngest there.

You won't just meet someone at a bar and become friends for life. I've talked to many guys, girls and couples at bars and even if it resulted in hugs or even facebook addition.. it never, ever ever resulted in a lasting friendship.

I've become friends with the most unlikely people at workplaces however.
Work is your place, there won't be any other place to make serious lasting connections really.

> Will relationships be possible? How do I meet girls?
Yes, but you will probably be misserable unless youre one of those butterflies. I don't think you are. How did you get the job, through a friend? If not, you're probably going to be fucking lonely man.

> What do I do to manage money?
The first thing you do every month is to make a transfer to your savings account. I have saved up $20k this way.
>>
>>18038208
Hey, thanks for your response.

Friends wise I think you're right, work is my best bet, I think there may be people around my age there anyway.

I got the job through a Year In Industry placement thing so yeah, I'll be probably be lonely. That's alright though, I am ok with loneliness.

How much should I be saving each month?
>>
>>18038223
As much as you can afford, but no less than 10% ( £ 158)

Just have it as a backup or if you want to go on a really nice vacation or need to buy an apartment in the future it's really good to have.
>>
>>18038226
Thanks man, this is helpful. I think shared accommodation is my only chance to be able to live with that amount of money to spare.
>>
>>18038230
Your salary will go up.
Just remember that the closer you are to the money, the more likely it is that you will get a share.
>>
>>18038196
>How will I make friends? Obviously work is potentially a place but I will definitely be the youngest there.
Work is the best place. Second best is through hobbies. That means join classes or clubs. Team sports can be very social. But try out and join whatever you like. Like a soccer club, dog club, boxing gym, you name it. Sports just have the plus of making you sexyer. The hobby has to be something that get you outside your flat and interact with people.

- Will relationships be possible? How do I meet girls?
The relationship material girls most likely through work, hobbies or friends. Friends you gain through work and hobbies. You see it's all about taking part in something.

- What do I do to manage money?
The government from my country (switzerland) has websites for easy budget planning. Maybe yours has such a thing too.
>>
>>18038196
You british really make low wages. I'd be basically homeless if I made that much in the US
>>
>>18038304
Will there be gym club do you reckon? I go 4 times a week so that would be helpful.

Is Tinder a meme or is it actually good? For hookups that is.

I will look that up, thanks mate:)
>>
>>18038313
£19000 is really good for a first time job here, considering it's an "apprenticeship" type deal.
>>
>>18038313
The pound went down after brexit while the dollar has gone up.

US citizens got ritcher and brits got poorer and collectivley got their salaries lowered.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.