[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is it not okay for men to hold each other? im single and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1468800359993.jpg (21KB, 408x395px) Image search: [Google]
1468800359993.jpg
21KB, 408x395px
why is it not okay for men to hold each other? im single and pretty happily so, but my fathers getting brain surgery right now cuz he has a blood clot up there and i have no one to hold me and just tell me it'll be okay. even if my friends came to see me i wouldnt get more than a hug.

i just want someone to hold me and tell me its okay.
>>
>>18037701
It's okay in countries where homosexuality is forbidden or not talked about at all, funnily enough.

Are there any females to hug it out with? Sister, mum, close friend?
>>
>>18037748

moms the only female relative but shes up in oregon with dad. i dont really like females much to be honest my only female friend is my bestfriends girlfriend.
>>
It's something called Social Conditioning.
Our society is built up to generate MachoMan boys and MaidenInDistress girls.

MachoMan guys do not hold each other like that. They don't show emotions, as emotions are revealing himself and that's considered a weakness. But dude, that's just crazy right??

I don't follow that code anymore than I should (after all, society told me not to jump from the 10th floor of a building cuz I'd die), so I do offer my shoulder to friends and speak openly about my emotions (I'm a man).

What I found out is that made my friends open up too. I remember when my depression first hit, many year ago, and a friend of mine judged me when I reached him for help, support. He kept saying I was being a bitch about or something like that.

But now, since he suffered a major loss and I was there, giving him my ears and my shoulder, he has changed into being very suportive, and not only just to me.

Bottom line is: Give what you wanna receive.
Of course your situation is far too urgent for it, so I'd actually tell you to find a girl who is your friend and trustworthy to do that job. They are waaaaay better at that than we are, since society tells them it's fine to be.
>>
>>18037701
Just get shitfaced. According to society, it's ok to cry when drunk.
>>
>>18037850

i dont really know any girls to be honest, they've just never really interested me as friends. the closest thing i have to a female friend is my best friends girlfriend.

>>18037877

i can cry all i want they dont judge me on that. i dont drink.
>>
i just need someone to hold me for an hour and tell me it'll be okay.
>>
>>18037850
That's not crazy. That's the best way for men to man up and better themselves. You can't produce stuff and ascend when you're weak and have no spine.
>>
>>18038371

wanting someone to hold you for an hour isn't the same as having no spine.

women hold their men when they are sad. no reason a man shouldn't be allowed to hold another man as well.
>>
>>18038374
Yeah. I just wanted to say that the system isn't evil and shouldn't be opposed vehemently
The system isn't perfect but is good and logical

Let's not fuck it up by tweaking it without qualifications
>>
>>18038384

tweaks happen regardless i wouldnt worry about how this thread factors in.
>>
Where I live showing any kind of emotional tenderness with other males will have people questioning your sexuality, which can have some pretty rough social consequences especially when it comes to picking up women. I personally don't care. If I want to be tender and supportive I will be.
>>
>>18038459

I'm gay and my friends are well aware of that fact. I met my best friend by asking him on a date. He was straight but three years later were somehow friends. But that's making me more cautious to just ask to be held. His gf refers to me as his "other girlfriend" and hes been a little more physically distant since that started
>>
update.

thanks everyone who gave kind words over me spamming these threads. one of my friends came over and i just asked point blank if he'd hold me. he held me for the duration of a movie, was a little awkward but it helped and i feel a lot better.
>>
>>18037701
Sorry you're going through this. I hope all goes well.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.