[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job and degree options recommendations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>Want to work less than 40 hours a week preferably part-time
>Don't wanna be necessarily rich or wealthy, just want to take life more at a relaxed pace
>Want to get paid a fairly decent wage that I can live off of part-time
>What would be some good degree/job recommendations?
>>
>>18037611
Lol. Grow the fuck up. Life isn't easy. There is no such thing as a part time job that pays well for you to live a decent life.
>>
>>18037611
Wtf, your image changes when I enlarfe it. How?
>>
NOC engineer

Get Cisco's CCENT and comptia's network+. Should be a 5 month long ride. Less if you know IT already. Look up online courses for these then pirate them. There's exam dumps too to help you pass but I strongly recommend against them as it will be obvious you used them during an interview. The average working days are 4 days on 4 days off which means you'll work an average of 2 weeks a month or 6 months a year. If you take 4 days of holiday then you'll have 4 days off 4 days holiday 4 days off and only after 12 days restart work, you should normally have 22+ days of holiday so quite some time off. The entry pay is usually shit but enough to be decent.
>>
>>18037703
Jesus is trying to protect you from being a perv. Guess your mother has been praying for you, you little shit.
>>
File: dd.jpg (571KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
571KB, 900x600px
This could be a good thread, despite OP's obvious faggotry.

I too am struggling to decide on a career. I was studying accounting at university but dropped out because I realized that I hated accounting and would hate working in an office.

Now I'm looking at blue collar work. I've got it narrowed down to two things. I'd like to be an electrician, but am worried about getting an apprenticeship as I don't know any electricians. I'd also like to be a truck driver, or something related to that, but I'm worried that my 5 year old DUI will prevent me from getting a job.
>>
>>18037918
>I'd like to be an electrician, but am worried about getting an apprenticeship as I don't know any electricians
Call up and ask them.
>>
>>18037611
If jobs like that were common and easily available, why would anyone work a full time job?
>>
>>18037932
I could call around and see what's out there, but I wouldn't be able to work yet anyway because where I live you need to the pre-apprenticeship courses at trade school, which costs about 5k and is 9 months long with very little chance of a job afterwards. Most of the guys who finish those programs end up working at hardware stores or as construction laborers, contractors HATE hiring apprentices unless it's their son or nephew.

I could take a 4 month commercial driver program at the same school, it would cost less money, and ordinarily there would be jobs available but I know that my DUI will complicate things.
>>
>>18037955
Where I live it's similar regarding the pre-apprenticeship courses, but you can circumvent them if you already have an apprenticeship lined up. Or at least, if you have an apprenticeship lined up, it's a lot more secure going into the course.

Being a truck driver is a shit job, and your DUI is likely to be a significant barrier.
>>
>>18037968
I don't really want to be a long haul trucker, but I would do it if I needed to. I'm more interested in driving and operating industrial trucks like hydrovacs and shit like that. I wont get rich but the pay is okay, with normal hours, will be home every night.

If my DUI was recent I wouldn't even be considering this, but since it's 5 years old it wont show up on a driving record and it no longer affects my insurance However it does show up on a criminal record, which means that any employer will likely know about it and I certainly cant drive across the US border, at least not for another 5 years.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.