[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help I need advice I accidentally got my wife fired!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170210_115433.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170210_115433.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
Please help! I really need some great advice right now as of today I accidentally got my wife fired from her job.

My wife was working a part time job at the local holiday inn for around a year now. It's just her way of having alittle extra spending money as she works her way through college. The problem started though soon after she scored this part time job. She started getting blamed by the hotel manager for things that made no sense. This continued everyday for months now and it has taken alot out of her mentally, she started not sleeping at night because it bothered her she couldn't do anything right in the hotel managers eyes. The manager would often wait until the next day she worked to yell at her about something that was wrong the day before. So she started taking pictures of the work she did, that way when the manager would blame she would have evidence that the blame was not justified. The first time she did this to prove her innocents the following week she was completely taking off the schedule all but one day. Now I never really wanted her to work there ever since she started to stress out about all this from the beginning. I finally talked her into putting her two weeks in and getting out of there which she did do.

Now the problem arises that I was highly upset at this manager for causing my wife so much crying and stress. So I took to Google reviews and left a pretty judgemental comment on the hotel manager. It was up for about 3 days untill I guess someone at the hotel saw it and told the manager. The manager fires my wife and gives her a cease and desist order and told her to sign it. I've read alitte on these orders and it sound like a warning letter on sueing someone for slander. So now I am terrible scared that this terrible manager is going to sue us into complete poverty. I have already deleted the comment off Google but should we really sign this cease and desist order? I really need some advice please.
>>
Um, basically did say anything dishonest or untruthful? I don't know what slander or libel laws are like in the US, but I thought you've got a retarded system where you can sue for financial losses if proven. Her letter amounts to a ton of noise about a threat to bring a civil case against you if you don't kiss her ass by returning her letter. Alternatively you returning the letter might be seen as evidence that you have been doing it, because at this point maybe she doesn't even have tangible evidence that it is you. Also I've no idea what you've done online.

Also you've left her name on the bottom of this. This seems like a BAD IDEA anon because 4chan could well go to fucking town on this Barbara and you'd catch flak by extension.

I'd look up the laws in your area. If you feel that you cannot be found guilty of libel for what you've done feel free to ignore her. If you definitely could be found guilty of libel then you might want to try and talk to her about it. I would avoid putting anything down in writing which might help her build a case against you. Man what a stupid bitch.

I had a neighbour send me 'solicitors letters' which were basically thinly disguised threats in order to get me to do something. Luckily he was a moron and thought that 'going to my solicitor!' would terrify me or somehow would carry weight in the legal world and I just entered into a long winded and protracted debate directly with his solicitor while ignoring him and urging him to go through his solicitor fully aware that each letter was costing him around about $120 and it was never going to amount to anything.
>>
Pfft, it's not illegal to leave a bad review. Tell your wife to get a new job like she should have from the start if she was having such a hard time, and move on.
This bitch is not going to sue you, and I'd LOVE to see her try. No judge is gonna take that case. She'd have to prove there was damages over the bad review, and since you took evidence of her doings, your defense would be you said nothing but the truth.
>>
YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW ANON.

I SUGGEST YOU IMMEDIATELY STOP BREAKING THE LAW, AND SEND ME CONFIRMATION THAT YOU WILL STOP BREAKING THE LAW IMMMMMMEDIATELY

RIGHT NOW

NOT TOMORROW

STOP RIGHT NOW IMMEDIATELY

OR ELSE

ILLEGAL
UNLAWFUL

STOP ACTIONS CEASE AND DESIST

QUIT THAT
DON'T DO THAT
STOP IT
NO.

COMPRENDE?
SE HABLE ILLEGALO ACTIONOS
HALTO COMMUNICATIONO WITHO WIFE-O
POLICIA EL KNOCKO ON DOORO AND CUFF YOU IF YOU-O DO NOT STOPPO
>>
>>18037622
It's not about honesty at this point. Lots of companies ask their employees to sign a contract that disallows them from publicly bad-mouthing the company (even after losing the job) whether it's true or not. It's not slander or libel, it's breach of contract.

However OP, YOU never signed that contract, and your wife never asked you to post that review, so as long as you don't continue doing things like this you're not in any danger of losing a lawsuit. Just do as the letter says. Cease and desist.
>>
>>18037603
proceed to /r/legaladvice on leddit since they'll be more helpful.

the letter looks like a bullshit scare tactic. please tell me you or your wife didn't sign anything they sent you.

barbara seems like a cunt. doubt your wife is going to miss the job.
>>
Thank so much everyone for the words of wisdom and support. We can barely afford our rent and certainly can't afford a lawsuit. I have indeed learned my lesson and will certainly cease and desist. I do how ever have alot of butt kissing to do with my wife. She is pretty upset that I didn't tell her I commented.
>>
>>18037603
Woah. You guys should be the ones suing the hotel.
>>
No we haven't signed it. I was told a long time ago by my grandfather to never sign anything unless it's 4Chan approved. ;)
>>
>>18037603
This is scare tactics. Once you sign, you won't be able to sue them later. Dont sign shit. They aint gonna sue. Write a letter to the top mangement, or even a letter to the branch manager and explain their maltreatment towards your wife and harassing you with this letter.

This is a case of blatant bullying and they need to be taught a lesson.
>>
>>18037656
Find a lawyer who won't charge you unless the case is won. Lots do this. You guys could make good money from this.
>>
>>18037656
Yeah, in the future I would keep your nose out of it if it's not directly about you. If you're gonna do anything, should this kind of thing happen again, for starters ask your wife about it first, and secondly, don't use social media. It's stupid. Go to the next person in command. Talk to the person above her, her boss, and complain about her.
>>
>>18037656
well, yeah. prolly should have ran it by the mrs that you were going to leave a petty, bad review against them beforehand.

too bad you were a pussy and took it down.

it's not a battle worth fighting at this point. just too bad that barbara over there prolly feels like hot shit that her bullshitC&D.docx worked.
>>
I know I would still really like to stick it to her and keep the post there but financially we can't risk losing any amount of money. I've never liked bosses who use bully tactics over there employees especially when the employees are working for mim wage.
>>
>>18037692
>I've never liked bosses who use bully tactics over there employees especially when the employees are working for mim wage.

especially ones that bully and fuck with your wife, right?

that's why you're folding immediately at the first sign of conflict.

go to r/legaladvice and make a post detailing your story. be sure to edit out those names, idiot.

the least you can do is contact barb's superior and remind them that she's a cunt.
>>
File: 1476148979122.png (67KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
1476148979122.png
67KB, 228x228px
>>18037698
>the least you can do is contact barb's superior and remind them that she's a cunt.
kek this.
Remind them how you're going to get everyone you know to boycott holiday inn, cause a social media uproar, the CEO's will flip shit and probably fire Barb because the customer is always right.
>>
Can we still put a complaint in like that? I want to fight it but at the same time I don't want to make things worse. I will talk with my wife and see if we can contact the upper management to complain about this women.
>>
>>18037733
Idk I would, since I'm not scared of her little legal threat whatsoever. I'm pretty confident she doesn't have a case, but then again I also do not know what exactly you posted online.
Still though I'd talk to a lawyer before anything if you're concerned. Talking to upper management about how you feel your wife was mistreated probably won't hurt so long as you're adult about it. Don't call names or fling shit, just explain the situation, give your two cents that as a customer you would not like to give your business to companies that treat their employees this way, request that they review their management, and leave it at that.

I mean, there was a story in the news just recently about some DQ manager driving a teenager to suicide and getting charged with it. I doubt she'll be found guilty, but this kind of stuff does make waves. I'm sure other places read this article and are at least somewhat concerned of the backlash that can happen to them if something similar happens to them.
>>
>>18037603
Don't sign it. Like one anon said it's a scare tactic. What law are you in violation of? She has no proof or evidence of any such claims and besides, it is within your constitutional right to express your ideas and opinions freely.

It is not slander when you are expressing your opinion. It is only slander if you can't prove what you say and it comes out to be an false statement. She has shit on you and if anything you are in every right to sue her.

Read up on your labour laws. You have grounds to sue the GM for workplace harassment and verbal assault, if you or your wife are of ethnic background get her on discrimination as well. Hell if she is of ethnic background and you are white you can still get away with that. You can also get her for punitive damages on top.

Best of luck OP.

One final tip, you literally don't need to do anything. All you need to do is get a letter signed and delivered through the post that documents she received a letter from you, and that letter is written in a way that expresses what you have grounds on.

You don't need to go to court. A lot of shit usually gets settled before it even gets to trial. I doubt any one of you have the time or money to go through that bull shit, but if it gets to that you can sure as hell sue or counter sue if the gm decides to sue you or your wife. She has shit.

Not a lawyer but I have a full understanding of contracts,agreements, disputes, and negotiations. I also have an interest in the legal system. Always consult a lawyer or paralegal if things go to trial, but fore now, you have a variety of options. You can speak to the gm personally. A more persuading tactic would be to write a letter in appropriate language that basically informs her she can't do shit, she is in the wrong, and that you will pursue damages if she doesn't comply to your request. You can request her to back off on your wife, back off on your wife and give her more hours, etc.

Just don't worry about it.
>>
File: heather.png (9KB, 390x189px) Image search: [Google]
heather.png
9KB, 390x189px
>>18037603
Here you go OP

GM has shit grounds to pursue you in court. If I were you I would ignore the bitch. She already has at least one review against her which basically takes away all of her credibility.
>>
>poorly disguised personal army request
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.