[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bi-polar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: indexfgf.jpg (4KB, 377x134px) Image search: [Google]
indexfgf.jpg
4KB, 377x134px
Sup guys,

I have been in an on-off relationship with this bipolar girl from 17-24. Relationships were mostly only 3 months, the she broke up (always her) and she would seek out contact again after a period of time. 6-7 months, some shit like that. After those 7 years I met someone else and had a relationship for 5 years steady, had a kid but we drifted apart and we decided to end IT. Now after a while bipolar girl comes back and started dating again, she really matured and I literally had the 3 greatest months of my life. Then we had our first argument, she took distance immediately and after a week told me she wants to go on alone, forever. Is this some bipolar shit and will she come back eventually? I love her to death, always have and I can deal well enough with the ups and downs. But It's driving me up the walls at times.. Any people with more expertise on this? Should I expect her to return? Should I chase after her or let her cool off? Should I really believe her if she says she never wants to be back together again, if she is bipolar? I just don't know what to do, or what to believe.
>>
First off, just because she struggles with bipolar disorder doesn't mean you can't believe everything she says. Sure, there'll be times when she's not stable, but not all the time. If she said she's done. She's done. If she comes back, and you're willing to get back into the relationship, I'd suggest having a serious conversation first. Share with her how you feel and how her actions affect you and your health and wellbeing. Draw up a contract together that you both can be happy with that deals with how to help each other and treat each other.

Is she on meds? Is she seeing a psychiatrist monthly? If she's unwilling to keep up the maintenance of her disorder, it's not fair to you and you shouldn't get back together. If she is willing and is already doing that and you do really want to be with her, go for it. Mood disorders are extremely tough to live with. I know because I live with one.
>>
>>18037342
First off thanks for the reply. I am with you on the fact that indeed It isn't all BS that comes out of It just because of the disorder. But we had that talk first before we got dating again, and she assured me that her days of running away from conflicts were over. And see how that turned out, again. That's why I am skeptical. Hell, for the first time in over 7 years this was the first time I heard her talk of long life commitment, a family and marriage. That never, ever happened before. That's why I am so fucking bummed out right now. Is It really done? I don't know and I'm unsure as to what moves to take.

No she does not take any medication, she is against It (she's the spiritual type) She does however from time to time talk to a therapist. Not on a regular basis though.

It's a real shame because, when It's good, I'm the happiest I'm ever be. We go great along, same interests and pretty much everything in common. Even the sex is fucking awesome.

I can deal with the moodswings and bad, very bad days. Even her time offs. But not the break-offs. Are you experiencing the same thing? Did you ever break up or does she/he runs away when It gets bad or too close? I want this to work, but now it seems she broke all contact, even blocked me on FB...
>>
>>18037359
I feel your pain. I struggle with recurrent major depressive disorder and I was in a relationship with someone who struggles with bipolar disorder. I study psychology and am going for my doctorate in clinical psychology. People who struggle with bipolar disorder need to be on meds in addition to working with a therapist/psychiatrist. Bipolar disorder isn't just all in their head. It's a medical disease that affects the brain and manifests itself in psychological ways mentally. It's a dangerous and unique mental disease and it's life threatening if it properly treated.

I can't answer for you if she's truly done. I can say from my own experience, that my significant other left me unexpectedly as well and blocked off all contact from me. It's the worst kind of pain I've ever had to deal with. I've been feeling like a huge part of me died. Together, I felt so alive. So I understand what you're going through. I can't tell you what you should do or say. I can say that for myself, I'm respecting their wishes, even though I still love them (always will) and am doing the best I can to keep moving forward with my own life.
>>
Typo. Sorry. It's life threatening if it is not properly treated.
>>
>>18037369
I'm with you. It's so hard to let go because when It's good.. It's really good. Not good like with a regular person, but a happy bipolar person (i know this sounds wrong) can lift you into the fucking heaven and make you feel shit you didn't even know existed between 2 people. But when It's bad... It's the worst kind of bad. It's so hard to let go, and I'm not sure I can or ever will.. But what I do know Is that going after her now will only push them further and further away. Bipolar is equally harmfull if not more for the people closest to them.
>>
>>18037438
I know exactly what you're talking about my friend. I felt things I'd never felt before too. It was amazing. And you know what? I've chosen that I don't have to stop loving them simply because they're no longer with me. And that doesn't prevent me with moving forward with my life. I wish you all the best m8.
>>
>>18037438
Good for you that you god some positives out of that relationship. I haave several family memebers that are bi-polar, including my mum. I can tell you that thats no fun, she used to scare me when she was on a high. Not that she was frightning but she seemed out of control, I'd worry sick about what she might do next. My dad just buried himself in work whenever my mum had trouble so he was no help either. And you know how the downs are. Luckely she is on meds now, finally, but she didnt start with those till she was in her late fifties.

I really dont think I'll ever be able to start a relationship with someone that is bi-polar, I just cant imagine it not being a nightmare. Am I a horrible person for thinking this? You seem to find some worth in the relationship.
>>
>>18038346
I'm not op. Just to be clear, it's incorrect to call someone bipolar or to call them a "bipolar person" it's correct to say a person who has or who struggles with bipolar disorder. It's a serious psychomedical disease. Do you call people with cancer "cancer people"? We aren't defined by our disorders and illnesses. We struggle with them.
>>
>>18039490
Weird, I've been with one for over 12 years and she calls herself bipolar or a bipolar person. Take your PC BS over to /pol/ because If you had half a brain or maybe even read through the entire thread you might have noticed that nobody if anything was trying to be disrespectful. You call them out for calling them something you don't like but fail to see the love and care they reserve for them. Banner waving libtards like you make me sick.
>>
>>18037268

Honestly avoid her if she has bipolar.

I get that bipolar people need to be understood and respected and all that and that's great. Just understand and respect them from a distance as you're dating your new GF that doesn't have bipolar.

That might sound harsh but unless you are a legitimate dyed in the wool masochist who enjoys to be shat upon and made to feel horrible in perpetuity you don't want that craziness in your life. Heed these words, boy. Only misery that way waits.
>>
>>18039857
I mean, you call someone a alcoholic too, right? Not someone who struggles with alcohol abuse. Cancer isnt mental, but a disease that is does define your character (at least for a bit) and therefore it is fair to say you are "mental disorder".
Im the guy you replied to btw.
>>
>>18037359
>she assured me that her days of running away from conflicts were over. And see how that turned out, again.
Hey OP, could it be that she's a woman first and foremost, and that you might not be so great with women, or at least don't understand women that well? I met a girl once, who convinced me she was into having sex. Turned out she was only enduring sex in the first few months, so that I'd fall in love with her. Women will pretend to be better than they really are, just like us menfolk do.

> Hell, for the first time in over 7 years this was the first time I heard her talk of long life commitment, a family and marriage.
She's seven years older. People mature, but don't expect them to become entirely new people. She's still the same old girl who broke up with you every three months. And now she's doing it all over again.

If I were you, I'd worry less about her disorder, and more about your lack of ability to get what you want from women. The trick is to learn how to talk to them, how to build attraction, and how to ruin their attempts at creating drama. Certainly, learn how to not take it personal when she blocks you on FB. Consider the fact that you don't need to have every single person you know in real life on FB, and that the blocking is just something that happened. It matters much less than you think, as long as she's not for real breaking all contact forever. Level yourself out, gain some perspective and confidence, and talk to her, if you love her so much. Tell her you want to be bigger than this.

Was the argument you had before this happened even worth it?
>>
>>18039890
Oh shit i fucked up, i meant to reply to the guy you replied to. Now it seems i disagre with you but i dont.
>>
>>18039890
Mental diseases do not define one's character. It's part of their life, but it doesn't define them as people. This isn't libtard bullshit. Sure, there are some of us who do mistakenly define ourselves as our mental illness. But I firmly believe that not only furthers the stigma of mental illness/ mood disorders, but it also cripples those of us who struggle with it. Mental disease and physical diseases aren't on different levels.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.