[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend said I love you first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: mfw.jpg (46KB, 541x505px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
46KB, 541x505px
We are in a long distance relationship at the moment, been dating since last May, haven't physically been together since October, will be together again in May and she said I love you in December.

I wasn't ready to say it back as when I say I love you, I want to be fully in love with whoever I say it to.

Today she brought it up that I hadn't said it back yet and that each time she said it to no 'I love you' back, she questioned our relationship.

We had a long discussion afterwards, and I explained 100% honestly how I felt and that I am waiting to be fully in love with her, to be with her in person, and the right moment to say I love you to her. She said that she was just saying "I love you" to me like she would to her friends. I told her that I would happily start saying "I love you" back if that was her way of saying it, because that's how I feel. I do love her, I'm just not IN love with her, yet.

Then she said she didn't want me to say I love you anymore, because it wouldn't feel genuine as she brought it up with me and kinda made me say it. But I do genuinely love her in the context she was describing so I am happy to say it like that all the time. Now she says she won't say I love you to me anymore until she's actually in love with me and at the right moment too. She also requested that I stop sending any emojis that have love hearts because since I never said I love you to her, in her mind I don't love her (despite all of my heartfelt actions and intentions toward her) and therefore shouldn't lie to her with heart themed emojis.

Can someone here please read this and independently analyse what the fuck went down? Is she or I in the right or wrong? I just want an objective reading of what I went through earlier today. Should we be saying I love you to one another, or not? Should I bring it up again? I don't feel proper closure after she and I finished out discussion.

Thank you whoever reads this, I'll be lurking for a while and replying.
>>
>overthinking
>not telling women she wants to hear

october-may is a bit too long period
you should be thinking about closing the distance after a year not wonder if "i love you is i love you or i love you a little"

shes hurt, be cute and kind to her if you dont wana lose her
and say that i love you you stupid muppet its not a marriage request, loosen up a bit
>>
She is kinda in the wrong, acting like she doesn't love you all of a sudden and kinda guilt tripping you I guess. Also the emoji part, lmao.

But I kinda uderstand her. She is probably insecure. She can't BE with you and is probably being scared you'll find someone interesting, who you can physically be with.

Me personally, after talking to someone EVERYDAY for months AND meeting them (and liking them) I would have no problem saying "I love you". I don't understand what else do you need to know/feel before you know you are IN love with someone.

I suggest talking to her again. It doesn't really matter who is wrong. She will still feel those feelings, even after you prove her wrong.

Talk to her. If she's gonna act like a baby about it (and you can't take it or say a genuine "I love you") just break up. There are other girls. You are not in love with her, so you won't lose much I guess.
>>
>>18037151
I've booked my flights to close the distance already, the flights are in May. Last October to this May is less than a year apart, so we should be ok?

I am trying to tell her what I want to hear, but in past relationships I've been hurt pretty bad after saying I love you early in the relationship.

I will be cute and kind to her as much as I can be, thank you for your advice anon.

I want to say I love you to her but like I said now she doesn't want to after our discussion today. Any way to resolve that?
>>
>>18037157
Those words don't magically do something that a relationship goes bad.
If you FEEL the love, it doesn't matter if you SAY it. If a bad thing happens, trust me, it didn't happen because you said something.

I don't understand. You said you are not IN love and now all of a sudden you say you wanna say it but are scared. I think you guys are good for eachother lmao.
>>
>>18037159
She said she was saying "I love you" like loving me, not IN love with me and that's all she wanted me to say back. I thought she was saying it as in she was IN love with me and I wasn't quite ready to say it yet.

If she only wanted me to say I love her like I love a friend, then I'm cool with saying I love you all the time.

Anyway, regardless to that - do you guys think I should just tell her I love her properly soon? I do really want to be with her long term and I haven't felt this away about a girl since 2012. Like I have really good vibes about her and I.
>>
>>18037163
Omfg, how old are you?

"Loving someone and saying I love you but not being IN love with them and saying I love you as a friend and and and" STFU.

Yes tell her you love her if you love her. Jesus.
>>
>>18037157
But dude, that's not early at all. You've been dating her for almost a year.
>>
>>18037168
Yeah I was just waiting to get back together with her in person in May before popping the 'I love you.'

>>18037166
I'm 24. Like I said, I haven't felt like this for nearly 4 years. I cut the love emotion off after my last breakup. I don't know what I'm doing haha.
>>
>>18037157
i dont mean visits, i mean planning future togather
you are being quite stupid anon

>i said it "too early" before so i am not saying that ever again
>even with different women
>eventhough this time the girl already said it

can you move away from your past hurts and stop being a victim?
hint: you are the on your way to become one again if you keep this up
>>
>>18037157
>she doesn't want to after our discussion today. Any way to resolve that?

yes thats easy

>im sorry i was stupid
>my last relationships ended badly and im still butthurt about it
>i will get over it because i do love you
>>
>>18037193
I'm not talking visits. I am moving city to be closer to her and changing job.
>>
>>18037197
Thank you, I will say this to her when I chat to her next. Hopefully in a few hours.
>>
>>18037206
So you're planning to move to another city to be close to a person you're not in love with?
>>
>>18037206
>>18037208
good luck anon
>>
>>18037211
thank you friend

>>18037209
and to start a new life in general. I'm pretty sure I'm basically in love with her but as I said in another post I just wanted to wait to say it in person.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.