[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I stop doing a stupid high-pitched voice when I talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: BMlEAJOFPJ1.jpg (56KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
BMlEAJOFPJ1.jpg
56KB, 640x800px
How can I stop doing a stupid high-pitched voice when I talk to strangers? I know most little kids do this, but I'm in my 20s and still haven't grown out of it
>>
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Just be mindful.
>>
>>18037129
Are you male? I tend to do this when I'm nervous/anxious. Figure out you trigger, then a solution.
>>
>>18037129
It happens when you're nervous.
Try forcing a deeper tone into your voice when you're talking.
>>
>tfw do this too
I stopped doing it so often but usually it's triggered by being nervous. After forcing myself to talk (make actual conversation) to a few of my boyfriends friends when they visited it got much better though. Do you have social anxiety op?
>>
>>18037334
Then you'll sound like you're pretending to have a deeper voice.

What might work is trying not to see people as a threat. If they seem bigger or you're afraid then you subconsciously make yourself sound more harmless so as to not provoke an attack or better yet try to get the seemingly threatening entity to even take a liking to you and protect you since you've given subconscious hints of submission (high pitched voice). How you deal with these is up to you.
>>
>>18037129
suck more cocks
>>
>>18037326
Yes. The trigger is any social interaction that isn't with my immediate family.

>>18037334
I can't, that's the problem. It's like my throat closes up and it's impossible to make any tone within a normal range

>>18037337
Autism and anxiety. Therapy is helping with the high anxiety and panic attacks, but the regular anxiety is still there.

>>18037339
How can I stop being scared of people?
>>
>>18037454
I have the same problem. I just don't know how to stop being afraid of people.
Even when I think that I have nothing to lose, I still am filled with fear when talking to them.
>>
>>18037454
>my throat closes up
Holy shit. It's like you're overcome with terror or something.
>>
>>18037129
Same. I let them know I'm extremely nervous and if I could stop it, I would. So far everyone has been understanding. Apparently my voice pitch doesn't change too much though after a lot of time has passed and we get past the uncomfy stage of first meeting when making a new friend.

Good luck and happy early valentine's
>>
Study vocals and bio-energetics.

I can sing, studied it for 4 years, and since then I can pretty much control my voice when talking... I got used to sustain hard notes for me, so when it comes to talking, I feel it's very easy to play with my voice.

Bioenergetics is not something I've studied or done, but I have a friend who did a lot of it, and he said "dude, my students would love to have a deep voice like yours, they keep asking me the exercises for that", so I take it there are exercises for that.
>>
>>18037454
>How can I stop being scared of people?
Aaa, welcome to adulthood. There are many ways but the general gist of it is get better at what you do and who you are.

For example, the more you know the better you can deal with things and as such knowledge is how you wanna go about it. It's one way to go about it. Having a strong social group on which you can rely and in which you are confident is another way. Being buff as fuck and fucking shredded bruv while knowing how to kill a man 50 different ways is another. Having a lot of guns is what some people go for, wanting strangers to fuck off goes hand in hand with this. Perhaps you wish to take the being charming act, they can't hit you if they like you! That's another way to go about it. Or perhaps you should appear threatening, discourage any from fucking with you, get really big and get some nasty tattoos. Or maybe get really fancy stuff and intimidate people with your wealth and social power. Or maybe you don't really think anyone is out to hurt you, perhaps through promoting brotherhood there is no need to fear since all are brothers and sisters? Or perhaps if you go in the woods and live by yourself, then you need only master your environment and not the threat of another apex predator like yourself.

Congratulations, take your pick and go with that.
>>
Was any of this any help OP?
>>
>>18037129

You have to not care about looking stupid/anything negative to other people.

Good luck with that though. Try using the fact that nothing really matters in the end help you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.