[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australian legal: Wilful damage incident & questioning of a minor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_22743-images1363084240.jpg (23KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22743-images1363084240.jpg
23KB, 512x288px
Hi, M/25, Aus.

The other day I was involved in an incident where a minor was jay-walking and scraped his bag on my car causing damage in the form of a notable scuff.

At the time I was on my way to a meeting and did not suspect that he had caused damage to my car as I simply questioned him from my vehicle and continued on my way as I was waiting at a set of lights. After looking at the car after reaching my destination I reported the incident to the school so that they might be able to find the child responsible and reiterate about not jay-walking.

I then contacted my insurance to which they said that they would need the name of the person and a charge made against that person for them to request payment for the cover of the damages. For this reason I decided to report the incident the police in a timely fashion.

While I was on my way to the school to speak to the Dean of students(who contacted me the next day after I left a message) I bumped into the child who I identified as the same one who scraped my car.(I live near the school and on the same street the incident occurred ).

I questioned him about the incident to which he apologised. I mentioned how he jay walked which is against the law and mentioned how that if he didn't jay walk he would not have caused the damage. I also explained how there were multiple cameras on the buillding and how I have a dash cam installed on my car and how I would be able to identify him. He then apologised again profusely. I said that by apologising he admitted fault.

I then requested his information and ID (student number, grade and year).

Advice required: Did I do the wrong thing about questioning the child? What should I do next? Should I persue the child/update the police report/notify the school?

Side note: The child crossed the road properly this afternoon.
>>
Hi
>>
File: 1474078378845.png (234KB, 422x382px) Image search: [Google]
1474078378845.png
234KB, 422x382px
You're a fucking creep, and a possible sociopath.

>notable scuff
>>
>>18036934
There is something severely wrong with you. You have no business questioning the child. Either let the cops handle it, or let it go. I've had a kid rear end my car with a moped. The thing slid under my bumper, denting it, and breaking off my rear muffler from the exhaust pipe. The moped got scratched, maybe bent, i don't know, but kid was fine and moped still ran. Told him not to worry about it.
You and your precious car and a damn scratch. This is what happens when poor people buy cars they can not afford. They get sensitive about them. It is a car. It will get scratched. Deal with it. It's called depreciation. It is life.
And your moral outrage at the horrible crime of jaywalking! You are a certified asshole. When walking it is natural to take the shortest path, no matter what your fascist ordinances dictate.
So yes. You did plenty wrong here.
>>
WTF?? Youre an asshole

You think its worth to ruin a dumb kid's life over something as stupid as a scuff on a CAR? Since when is a car more important than a kid? Who apologized while you terrorized him

Chill the fuck out. If you pursue it and make him pay for it, i hope you enjoy his bloodmoney on the side of your car. Everyone in your neighborhood is gonna know you as that old creepy man who demanded a kid pay for small damage on his car
>>
I promise you, the police have better things to do than to prosecute a child for jaywalking.
>>
>>18036977

This.
OP, stop wasting peoples time
>>
>>18036934
You're a fucking lunatic.
It's just a fucking scuff. It's not worth even a fraction of the time you put into fucking HUNTING this kid down, requesting his ID and all this other shit. Get the fuck over it and stop harassing the kid.
>>
>side note: manipulative psycho alert
Jesus christ you manipulative psycho could've just asked them for their legal guardians statement confirming the incident instead of going that far.
>>
Shithead.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.