[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tax filing child

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I said no to my guardian that I don't want to be claimed by her, and she says,"no too bad". I wanted to be claimed by my older brother which has a job and is over 18 and gets paid above average. My "guardian" in this case doesn't tell me how much she makes. So what do I do to prevent that? Prematurely file myself dependent? Or just get claimed by her?
>>
dependent tax laws are pretty clear. who provides for you more?

sounds like your "guardian" is more likely to be able to claim you.

what does your older sibling do that your guardian doesnt? in terms of providing for you (food shelter clothes etc) chances are your older brother doesnt do any of those things and it wouldnt be right.

you could get but fucked by the IRS, all because you want to stick it to your guardian and let your brother save like 3k?
>>
>>18036638
Thing is, my guardian doesn't live with me at the moment and my brother feeds me.
>>
>>18036647
Depends who you spent time with more. If you lived in the dependent situation with either of them for at least 6 months of the calendar year, then you may be claimed as a dependent by that person.
>>
Your guardian wants to claim you because the tax break will help her more.

If you file independent and then someone claims you as dependent then they'll get fucked by the IRS. You have to all agree on who files you but you should really consider what kind of tax liabilities each party has. If your guardian will pay more taxes than your brother then let them do it.

I hope this isn't just because you like your brother more. You should do whatever is going to get everyone more money in tax breaks.
>>
>>18036787
Sigh. Sadly I had to accept that. Thank you anon, including the rest of you guys that were compliant to this topic.
>>
>>18036631
You don't get to choose. If auditing, the IRS will demand proof that whoever claims you provided most of your financial support (paid rent, school fees, bought clothes, etc). If nobody can prove it, nobody gets to claim you.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.