[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uneven Love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

What are your thoughts on the idea that all intimate relationships are uneven- that is, one person loves more than the other? Do you think it really just comes down to one party being more confident and the one with less self esteem just believes they couldn't be as valuable as their partner?
I have been married to the man of my dreams for 3 years, I have complete trust and security, but I am certain I love him more than he loves me. I think he could walk away unharmed if we split, and often wonder if he has just settled for me. I live in fear that secretly he yearns for an ex or just regrets his decision to marry me but is too loyal to ever tell me. Am I just being a dick?
>>
>>18036135
The woman generally always cares more and loves deeper than the man.
>>
>>18036141
Can you elaborate? Is it a gender thing? Are men are always semi detached in case something better comes along? Are you a male?
>>
File: thisniggaserious?.jpg (55KB, 417x550px) Image search: [Google]
thisniggaserious?.jpg
55KB, 417x550px
>>18036141
>>
File: 1477448496892.jpg (94KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1477448496892.jpg
94KB, 519x533px
>>18036141
>>
>>18036135
What makes you so certain that you love him more than he loves you? Maybe he's just not as good at showing it as you.
>>
>>18036159
Sorry, I realise that's a heap of questions, but I'm hoping for something more than a theory, or at least a theory with a logical explanation.
>>
>>18036159
No. It varies from person to person. Some guys don't get too attached and get bored of the girl they're with after a while, but girls do the exact same thing. On the other end of the spectrum, you've got guys who get super attached and are destroyed when a girl ends things with them, and the same goes for women.

It's probably more of a person to person variable than a gender one.
>>
>>18036165
I guess that's the issue- his lack of 'showing it' combined with my shitty self esteem is probably what has led me to conclude it is so, but I'd like other people's input on the matter, because the idea itself intrigues me
>>
>>18036141
Someone always loves more, but I don't think its dependent on gender.

Its easier for a man (or woman) to believe males (or females) have deeper feelings for their partner. This is why there are faggots like >>18036160 & >>18036162 . Its just easier to sympathize with the same sex.
>>
>>18036229
I personally don't believe gender plays a part in it, but I definitely think there's a possibility that one person would feel more intensely than the other. I have been in a relationship where the tables were turned and recall feeling responsible for all of his emotions all the time. It can be draining and although I was faithful and we had a great relationship, I do feel a slight pang of pity for him. Now that I'm the more obviously loving partner, I can understand how the ex felt unstable in his worth to me
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.