[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I like things more if they are unpopular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: why.jpg (36KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
36KB, 600x338px
TV shows, movies, books, comics, games, websites, music, other forms of art and even people are more appealing to me if they are unpopular. I tend to be disappointed by hyped up media and people who are everywhere. But when I discover something less popular and enjoy it I feel like I found a gem, something special. I want to show it to others, help it grow. However when I like a show early on and later it becomes popular and I see it everywhere I cringe.
I have not told this to everyone because it sounds like I'm a pretentious hipster but I really couldn't give a shit. I just want to enjoy things.
Why am I like this?
>>
Only read the subject line, but it's because you want to be a special snowflake
>>
File: q.jpg (261KB, 1242x894px) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
261KB, 1242x894px
>>18035610
Learn to read pleb
>I have not told this to everyone because it sounds like I'm a pretentious hipster but I really couldn't give a shit. I just want to enjoy things.
>>
>>18035599
>>18035636
>I really don't give a shit.

But you do, or you wouldn't be asking. Your tastes are your own, why do you give a fuck while stating you don't?
>>
yeah i'm the same, i always find out about songs and websites before they're "cool". Same thing with memes back 5-6 years ago. Back when i first heard of them, nobody knew of them and i had found a gem, now whenever i see them it's just fucking cringe.

Why you're like this is because you're special, you don't fly around like a bug flys around fire, just going down the mainstream road like everyone else.

or so i think, but don't think much of it
>>
special snowflake detected.
proceed with caution.
high risk of hurt feelings.
>>
>>18035684
English isn't my first language. I was saying I do not want to or care to seem better than anybody because I like less popular things.
>>
>>18035684
>your tastes are your own, why do you give a fuck while stating you don't?

It sucks when I used to like something, lost interest because of annoying fans or seeing it everywhere and I don't enjoy talking about it anymore, but when I liked it there was nobody to really talk to about it.
>>
This is not uncommon, and yeah it's a bit hipster might as well embrace it

Plain and simply they feel more like "Yours" if they're not popular, like you've found something "unique" you can share with just your friends.

Anybody who's whining about special snowflakes is retarded and probably does the same thing themselves in some way, everybody does it with some things, typically music
>>
File: 1461085600598.jpg (499KB, 2404x845px) Image search: [Google]
1461085600598.jpg
499KB, 2404x845px
>>18035599
>He unironically thinks BvS is kino
>>
File: 1484929478667.png (315KB, 610x407px) Image search: [Google]
1484929478667.png
315KB, 610x407px
You should ignore any negative comments made about your lifestyle and probably get into stocks. That constant search for new gems could make you insanely rich as you cringe at everyone jumping on the fandom. Turn that frown upside down into a profit.

Or you can give me your email or something and update me on cool stuff. Someone's gonna invest and it might as well be a friend.
>>
I feel like OP. But I guess I have some facts to base on.

For example, I hate watching the same content on some websties, so if I go in social networks, normie pages (class browsing) or even 4chan, I want to see different shit, not the same show/movie/whatever that is being popular in that moment.

Also, I tend to watch them later on time when everybody stopped talking about it so I enjoy it at my rythm.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.