[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I feel for rape victims again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1472918544279.gif (457KB, 450x281px) Image search: [Google]
1472918544279.gif
457KB, 450x281px
Recently I noticed I've been desensitized to sex assaults on the news. Why is that? How can I regain my empathy for rape victims? Can someone interpret their reason why they're horrified by it so I can regain my perspective? I've become desensitized to gore, but I don't want to be desensitized to this
>>
>on the news
It's because you don't know these people. The more distant someone is, the harder it is to feel empathy for them
>>
>>18035485

There's probably a variety of reasons but only you know what's in your head

>>18035491
Is right. Not knowing them is definitely a major factor. Add to that tge number of false reports and self inflicted situation. (I.e. girl gets drunk with frat boys, regrets next day etc)
With sjws constantly crying wolf, we're all a little desensitized
>>
Maybe read first-hand accounts from rape victims, read up on the whole "rape culture" thing, learn more about how society's views of sexuality/purity/etc can fuck up a person and make them vulnerable to rape trauma.

There are so many facets as to why it is horrifying. Some are general to loss of agency and such in common with victims of violence. Others are specific to the sexual nature. Yet others are specific to the gender politics involved for the victim depending on their culture and sex.

Anyway, I know that's super vauge but I feel like I could write a fucking book on the specifics so making a post outlining them is hard.

I can tell you my personal rape story if you'd like, but it's obviously a limited view.
>>
>how do I feel for rape victims again

It ain't up to you.

It's up to hoaxers to stop hoaxing, and it's up to the media to stop broadcasting hoaxes as if they were gospel. We have no idea who is telling the truth and who is lying, partly because we don't have due process anymore.
>>
>>18035485
Same effect as kids dying in Africa I think.
They keep trying to get you to do stuff but that gets old after a while so you sniff out your empathy to survive.

Solution: stop watching the news
>>
>>18035485
It's probably for two reasons
>some measure of victim responsibility
>more cases = desensitization
it's normal that you aren't as emotionally effected anymore
>>
>>18035485
>Why is that?

If they are german or swedisih, you shouldn't sympathise.

They enabled it. They voted for it.
They did everything within their power to ensure it happened without saying "yes".

>How can I regain my empathy for rape victims?

Rape yourself.

>Can someone interpret their reason why they're horrified by it so I can regain my perspective?

Rape yourself to find out.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 245x204px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 245x204px
>>18035639
My my aren't you a little edgy faggot tonight anon?
>>
>>18035639
?????
>>
>>18035504
Ironically, it's because of this Feminist "Rape Culture" that real rape is not regarded as serious as it used to be
>Ugh, my boyfriend was drunk and wanted to have sex. I told him no, but he touched my tit and fell asleep. He raped me
>Some stranger on the street said he wanted to fuck me. Ugh, he raped me with his words
>I got drunk with "friend" and we had sex. He shouldn't have fucked me when he was as drunk as I was. He took advantage of me. Ugh, he raped me
>I allowed this guy who I thought was popular to fuck me. But he wasn't even in a frat. He raped me because I thought he was important

This is why "rape" means nothing anymore
All these things have happened
This is why no one cares
>>
>>18036774

Eh when I refer to rape culture I mean shit more like "my ex raped me but I didn't go to the police because w e had consensual sex in the past so no one would now believe he raped me."

I get that tumblr types fucked it up, but it's still a thing man.
>>
>>18035485

My brother recently had an experience that creeped the fuck out of him.

It was over the holidays and he was sharing a room with my cousin.

So my cousin has always been highly motivated. He has a doctorates in kinseiology and has worked on Olympic panels and professional sports teams. But he lost his father recently and has had a rough couple of years.

My brother--attending a fairly liberal university--came back for the holidays and one night decided to light up some weed.

My cousin took this as an opportunity to confess how hard things have been for him, admit his fathers loss hit him hard, and he's found something that helps cut the edge a bit, crystal meth, and offers to share.

My brother is a little sketched out, but he decides, try anything once I guess.

Right after he takes his first hit, my cousin starts telling him about how when you're high on meth, you get horny as fuck and how amazing it is to give blow jobs and have sex. and then looks at him, and asks, weird, aren't you feeling anything yet?

This entire time my brother feels like his body is paralyzed and like he couldn't move a muscle, and is now freaking out wondering if all this shit was a ploy to get him to be vulnerable and suggestible while drugged.

As someone who regularly lifts, highly controls his diet, practices martial arts, with aspirations to be a trainer/nutritionist, he feels helpless as fuck with someone who he's always looked up to and admired. Like even with all his strength, even if he wanted to, he wouldn't be able to resist in the slightest.

Nothing happened beyond that, but I've talked to him about it. And he's said he now has a completely fucking different understand of what it truly means to be helpless, and how terrifying it must be for girls to have that be a real potential danger all the time.

Actually knowing several victims (including my girlfriend), it's not the action that scars, it's the total loss of power, and the psychological impact it brings.
>>
>>18036774
>>18035639
>>18035586
>>18035541
Op here. I try not to Blane the victim. It's not their fault they were born a female. You can be a female infant and get raped, that's how crazy people are. But my problem is that I've been so exposed to it in the media, even in shows and other forms of entertainment that I'm strangely so unresponsive and nearly uncaring to it when it comes uo, and it bothers me
>>18036885
I do recall my history teacher mentioning that rape Is about power rather than straight up sexual enjoyment. But now that you put it in this perspective, I think you've helped me understand them a bit better, thanks m8
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.