[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'm falling for my co-worker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 51.png (185KB, 236x273px) Image search: [Google]
51.png
185KB, 236x273px
The thing is, first of all he's married. Also he's not what I'd go for normally. He's 19 years older than me, and has a cute beer belly, but on the other hand he's a genuinely kind and good man, great sense of humor, intelligent. Pretty tall and masculine too. So heaven's help me I'm totally into him.

How do I stop this? I've been working at this place for almost a year now, but early March I'll leave to finish my degree, how can I stop myself from doing anything I'd seriously regret later?
>>
>>18035457
Damn I miss working with girls
>>
Holy fuck just don't.
Not even because he's married. Whatever. If he's into you too his marriage is on the rocks anyway.

But don't be fucking stupid. I've fallen for older men. Especially when I was quite young and all the guys my age were busy being macho and couldn't hold a fucking conversation. But once the initial relief of dating someone who really challenged me wore off, the differences in our life stages was too much. I was still interested in things he had grown out of. I didn't relate well to his priorities either. The typically generational differences in our takes on society started to emerge. We didn't have any shared childhood experiences to relate to each other with. Our senses of humor turned out to be pretty different. I eventually realized he didn't quite respect me as an equal, more because of age than anything else since he was really supportive of/impressed with my career path.

Maybe your guy is perfect, I don't know.

But do you really want to be in a relationship you can't really talk to friends and family about? If it's something you cant' gush about it's probably not something you should be doing in the long run.
>>
>>18035474
What about...sex without adjectives in secret? I'd be fine with that too.

I know I know, get another guy for that...but, this is the thing isn't it? I don't want somebody else. I want him.
>>
>>18035506

It sounds like infatuation to me.

Just avoid being around him as much as is possible and stick to speaking to him only regarding work. As of March you'll be gone and will be able to focus on your degree and more attainable men.
>>
>>18035506

Right. Infatuation and arousal are pretty fucking powerful. I get that. I'm bipolar, so holy fuck do I get that. But I also get that shit like that can pass. Maybe you fuck a few times and get it out of your system, great. But maybe that doesn't work out and you're stuck in a messy situation. Maybe he gets attached and you aren't. Maybe your feelings never go away but his do.

These uncertainties exist for every relationship of course, but this is a bit more complicated given he has other romantic obligations and if you mutually develop feelings it'll be shitty in the long run.

If you're capable of fucking him without getting attached, and then dumping him even if he gets attached, by all means.
>>
>>18035457

Don't be a homewrecker, slut. Just find another man, there are billions of men on this planet.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.