[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yellow marks on clothes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/, I came here in hope to find an answer to many questions.

First, a little context, I'm having issues with my clothes. Every time I use an antitranspirant, I left my armpits with yellow marks. I lost many t-shirts and shirts because of this. I'm planning to buy a product to remove them today and change my antitranspirant, however, there are some things I don't know:

-I read that the Aluminum in the antitranspirants is the reason for the yellow/white marks, is that true? Just to know so I can change mine to one that doesn't have this.

-Do the antitranspirants and deodorants have the same effect on my clothes? If not, maybe I could change to a deodorant in order to stop the yellow marks from appearing.

-And, could you recommend me one? and a stain remover? I'm thinking of buying a Vanish product that seems good and had no idea about deodorants/antitranspirants. Please help me.
>>
Bumpin for advice on this myself... I sweat like a pig without deodorant but I noticed a few yellowed shirts the other day.
>>
bumping this
>>
>>18034939
Idk about aluminum, but usually unless stated, deoderants leave marks or stains. Look for those who state boldly on the packaging that they will not stain/leave marks on white clothes.

Vanish is good, liquid capsuses specifically for white clothes is good aswell, you can look for a spray stain removers, idk what brand they would be where you live. Old-fashioned bleach dip and rinse is good as well for pure white clothes.
>>
>>18034985
I'm using one of those rn and still leaves awful stains. Its a Nivea Men antitranspirant spray for white/black clothes

:(
>>
>>18035031
Never use nivea or garniere deoderants, use rexona (idk what the brand name is in the usa) or adidas. They work fine for me.
>>
>>18035035
Can I ask why? I never used one of those brands, but if I buy them I'm probably going to use their deodorants instead of antitranspirants.

Could you be more specific with the ones you use? Do they ever leave you a stain?
>>
I get white marks on my dark clothes. Dipping the offending parts in ammonia before throwing them in the laundry works for me. Not sure if it'll work on white clothes or not.
>>
>>18034939
Here read this:

https://thehairpin.com/ask-a-clean-person-pits-revisited-21ce333f3635#.la0ehi31g
>>
bumping for interest
>>
Hi guys, OP here.

So after reading a lot on the internet and everything you post here I ended up buying a Old Spice Deodorant (Not antitranspirant) in bar VIP.

This one doesn't have the aluminum which is said to be the reason yellow marks appear on clothes.

Also I bought Vanish Oxi Action because it seems like the best one in the market (I'm in PerĂº), saw "tutorials" from the brand and some kind of guide in their web to see which is their best product to deal with these stains.

I'm trying the deodorant tomorrow and the Vanish on saturday so I can tell you about my experience. Thanks everyone.
>>
>>18035040
This is from a female perspective so I don't know if the male versions are the same.
This is for sprays. Basically I always fall in the trap to get Nivea because of their claims and nice scents, but the result is the same - too much powder. Powder everywhere, not only that - it bundles up and crumbles no matter how much or how litte you use and I personally have to use a lot. The powder itself sticks to clothes and stains them. The garniere I don't remember the situation but it simply did not work for me - I smelled like sweat in 2 hour of wearing it. Never buy perfume-brand deoderants, not only they are shit quality, they are there just to smell like the perfume but last for much much lower plus they don't eliminate the stink of sweat.
Now my favourite and prefered choise is Rexona 24h no stains for spray antitranspirant. Rexona really reduces the sweat produced (unlike nivea and garniere), has a bearable level of powder - can bunch up too but that's only when you use too much. Doesn't stain black or white, lasts at least 12h in the summer, plus no sweat smell. I can still "smell" it about 6-8h since applied since I'm used to both the deoderant smell and my sweat but by other observation nope. Adidas cool and care spray 6 in 1 antipersperant is the other one i use, it has no powder residue at all BUT creates a small layer of oil on your skin, in my experience it hasn't stained but it does not last 42h as it claims - about 6h no smell, and does not reduce sweat significantly. But its ok for use in winter and when you need a break.

Other thing is sticks - I personally don't use sticks in general, they clog my pores and cause me to feel sticky during the day, but if I've shaved recently I use dove sensitive roll-on - it reduces razor burn and itchiness, still I prefer my sprays.

Hope this helps, this is from personal usage rather than formulation. Sorry I took this long to reply, hope you will still see this.
>>
>>18035442
Also I remembered, male specific anti-persperants sprays:
BOSS - smells good, last long, reduces sweat. No idea how it goes with the stains. My father uses this regularly and he works as a doctor in a very poor and unhygenic neighborhood, still he never smells bad after a long day of work.
Garnier male is so-so. Not best of choise as long as I remember but gets the job done, if not in smelly environment can get away with it.
Str8 classic - does not lower sweat but removes the smell completely. Even if you've had a long day, can't shower - this fixes the problem especially if used with the aftershave- the aftershave can be smelled during the whole day without being intrusive. I don't think this one stains but can't be 100% sure.

If there is a problem with the amount of sweat you produce - there are new anti-sweat creams that you can get off the shelf in a pharmasy that after one or two uses not sure stops sweat glances from producing sweat at all or lowers it significantly for a week or two. I haven't done any research on this subject so thread carefully with those but that is another option to consider.
>>
Why the FUCK are people using spray antiperspirant?

I've never had this issue with stick antiperspirant.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.