[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shiticulties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 200-7.gif (54KB, 229x200px) Image search: [Google]
200-7.gif
54KB, 229x200px
So I'm dating this girl.
Recently there's been this one jackass trying to weasel his way between us.
He confessed his feelings for her after giving her a ride to the local YMCA.
The same day, he decided it would be a swell idea to make a WCW post about her (yeah, he's that age,) and after receiving comments from peers about the post, saying things like "oooh, are you just gonna let him do that?"
I had enough.
I confronted him about it, and he runs and tells my S.O. about what I said to him.
My S.O. then get's angry over me doing so, saying that it's causing her "drama," which baffles me, nobody is going to ask her about me and his' altercation.

She tells me to just let her handle it if i trust her, and I agree, and life went on.
Here I am two weeks later, and he decides to post pictures of her on social media. He chokes, and makes up exuses that she took his phone, when she clearly wasn't even holding the camera, the photos were taken without consent.
I disregarded her wishes to stay out of it, and confronted him face-to-face, telling him to knock his shit off.

He then runs and tells her everything, apparently, she told him to tell her EVERYTHING that goes on between me and him.
Once again, she's angry at me for causing "drama," when the only person she whom mentioned the altercation was the weasel.

I'm confused. Am I the bad guy in this situation?
Am I being over-protective? This is the only guy I really have a problem with.
I'm being made to feel bad for stepping in, when she clearly didn't have the situation under control.
She's too nice, she doesn't know how to tell someone to straight-up knock their shit off.
What-do 4Chan, What-do. I'm stressed out about this, I'd like to hear your opinions.
>>
>>18034519
Let her go. If you get too attached she will cuck you.
>>
>>18034538
Honestly, she's not capable of that.
Though, I do get the feeling if I get overly attached she'll end up leaving for the sake of "not being ready."
At least that's how the past relationships have gone. Oh well.
>>
File: 1480373485344.jpg (500KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1480373485344.jpg
500KB, 1280x1707px
>>18034519

>She tells me to just let her handle it if i trust her

This right here is all you need to know. If you trust your girlfriend to keep appropriate boundaries with creeps and handle herself then let her do it.

>Am I being over-protective? This is the only guy I really have a problem with.

Yeah you are. He's just being irritating over the internet and all you have to do is block him and get on with your life but you're letting his pettiness get under your skin so much that you yourself are becoming petty.

Every time you fuck with this guy he runs to your girlfriend and bothers her again and she doesnt want the headache. Think this one through buddy. So what happens if he doesn't stop being cutesy on the internet. He posts a couple pictures or a cute status update about her and what, you fight him? Beat him up? Get arrested? Get charged with assault and do a couple weeks in jail? Lose your girlfriend? Lose your job? Have an assault charge show up on every background check for every job for the rest of your life and for what? Because some immature little faggot wanted to play pretend on the internet?

The fact of the matter is that women will ALWAYS have creeps orbiting around them and its just something they get used to handling. You can't go through life jumping in like this and treating your girlfriend like a delicate prize who can't handle her own life whenever this happens.

If he gets dangerous, intervene. Call the police. Physically protect her if you must. Until then, trust your girlfriend to set boundaries and act like an adult. If you can't trust her to do that either you're terribly insecure or you need a new girlfriend or both.

If she's perfectly fine to ignore creeps than so should you. No amount of ass beating or stern altercations is going to uncreep him. He's baiting you into acting crazy with and you're completely falling for it.
>>
Eh... It's a little weird that she's just okay with all this and brushing it off as drama after he straight up confessed to her, yeah. It's also weird that she hasn't essentially told him off after having him run to her both times, knowing full well this is in regards to how he feels about her.

I would say observe quietly. You leave, and there's the potential that nothing was going on. You stay and pretend everything is okay, and there's a chance she's fooling around behind your back. So, I'd just be sort of neutral. Pay good attention to all exchanges and interactions, but don't be in a rush to jump on anything. If you're up in a rush to take flimsy evidence with no proof, it's only going to be dismissed.

Just take notes, follow up on stories inconspicuously. Eventually all lies crumble somewhere, so just look for inconsistencies and document them.
>>
>>18034558

>He's baiting you into acting crazy with and you're completely falling for it.

Fucking hell, this kind of brutal honesty is exactly why I came here.
Thank you. You've opened my field of view.
>>
>>18034571

>Observe quietly

Also great advice. THANK YOU.
>>
my guess would be that she is already having an affair with the guy
>>
>>18034574
Can't tell if sarcasm.

If it is, there's really nothing you can do more than gauge her reactions. You overstep your boundaries, and you're going to hurt her opinion of you which is going to have a negative impact on your relationship. She's given you reason to be suspicious, so look out for suspicious behavior. When you have enough evidence to amount to something, confront her.

I don't know what you would expect to be able to do. Obviously she's not okay with you dealing with the situation, so you're going to have to let her deal with it. If she doesn't then there's a problem. If she likes this guy already, what do you expect to be able to do about it?
All I'm saying is play a neutral party. If she's not going to make an effort to distance herself from somebody who clearly has romantic feelings for her, then clearly she doesn't have a problem with that.

I suppose I could tell you to both have a civilized conversation, but judging by her response of, "drama" I suspect such things might be above her.
>>
Either let her go or stop what you're doing. Otherwise, there will be trouble, and I can guarantee you'll end up getting hurt (goes without saying you will ultimately hurt her, too).

>She's too nice, she doesn't know how to tell someone to straight-up knock their shit off.

Common mistake over-possessive partners tend to make. You don't know any better than her. Maybe she doesn't want to tell him to "straight-up knock his shit off". It's her life. It's her choice.

Good luck.
>>
Me and a guy I was talking to didn't make it past the talking because of something similar. I am now dating said weasel. Thing is, I feel kind of bad about it because there was more to the weasel that met the eye, but I want going to find that out until I went out with him because the guy I was actually talking too was making himself look like such an ass I couldn't see it. That guy is baiting you like the other anon said. Don't lose your girl from overreacting about it, you will subconsciously push her away from you. If the guy I was pursuing a relationship with hadn't kept nagging and over dramatising the other one, I would have probably saw that shit on my own.
>>
>>18034585

No sarcasm, I'm serious.
I haven't thought about it that way, nobody so far has been able to give me any sort of constructive criticism on the issue, as many peers haven't had as much experience in the dating world as I have, and I don't have any adults whom I'd feel comfortable discussing this with.
Mind you, I'm a few months away from being eighteen. So my approach more than likely came off as immature. However, your take on this is still very relevant.
I'm just looking to polish my behavior for any future partners, should this go sour. I truly appreciate the advice.
-
>If she's not going to make an effort to distance herself from somebody who clearly has romantic feelings for her

She has been, apparently they don't talk anymore.
That's one of the reasons why it irked me more than it should have.

I know the "you're young, don't worry about it too much, there's always the next one," cliche is coming, but it's pretty hard to ignore such a negative presence building inside you in the moment.

This thread provided me with a sense of release, and for that, I thank you all.
Bl3ss.
>>
>>18034605

Interesting take from the other side.
I'll definitely remember that. Bl3ss.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.